CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Other (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/)
-   -   Around The World Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/other/377523-around-world-cruises.html)

Arizona October 16th, 2010 10:28 PM

Around The World Cruises

I am trying to get a handle on the cost of Around The World cruises. Typically 100 to 110 days is what I have in mind. Anyone have numbers (probably balcony accommodations) or a suggestion where I might find information like this that would cover multiple cruise lines? I would like to find a good value.

Trip October 16th, 2010 10:57 PM

Check out our advertisers...with one email, cut and pasting to many of them, you will get all the info back quickly, that you need to make a decision that fits your needs....

Don't forget, especially with a cruise of this length, how important travel insurance is. A dedicated cruise travel agency, is your best bet to get the best price, and information. You want to get the best value,and also want to get matched up to the best cruise line for your interests. Granted, the amount of ships offering this length of cruise is small, but, your onboard activities,and options for this lenghty cruise, would determine your 100 happy days:)
Have fun deciding!

Marc October 17th, 2010 10:05 AM

Most online agencies will not have experience with the intricacies of World Cruises. I would find an agent that regularly books world cruises.

Among the mainstream lines, Cunard, Princess and HAL have world cruises.

Among the luxury lines, Regent and Crystal have world cruises.

There are probably additional lines that I am missing.

Prices vary greatly. You could probably go on the entire 162 day Regent Seven Seas Voyager this year for around $70K - $80K per person but everything is included. If you sailed Princess, your fare would probably be under $30K per person but tips, tours, alcohol, etc add up.

Bottom Line: You have a lot of research to do.

johnthed0g October 17th, 2010 01:31 PM

About 100 days in a reasonable balcony cabin with P&O, 15K each, insides obviously cheaper. Southampton to Southampton UK. If you need to fly to the UK it will be extra. An ambition for us, but not the sort of thing that ordinary working class people can do often if at all.

CarlYoungCPA September 5th, 2012 09:39 AM

I am interested in Cabin Mate(s) for round-the-world out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days. Your share would be a grand total of about US$20,000 (if just two of us).

storybookcruises.com September 5th, 2012 04:37 PM

There are so many different options available to you, it would be difficult to give you an estimate on costs. It would depend on the cruise line, time of year, length, itinerary, type of cabin, etc, etc.

You can also consider instead of doing one long cruise on the same ship, doing a couple of cruises on different ships/cruise lines and spending a few days between cruises in an exotic locations.

As I said, lots of options.

We had a client last year wanting to do a 6-month round the world cruise. We booked them on two 3-month cruises; one did the southern route around the world and then they changed ships and did the northern route around the world. Worked out perfectly for them as they really got to see everywhere they wanted to go.

One thing I always suggest to those booking round-the-world cruises; make a list of all the places you really want to go, then make another list of places you have no interest in seeing. Then give these lists to your agent so they can do the research for you and help find the best fit based on your needs, lifestyle, and budget.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of online booking sites; they're more interested in selling than in providing service.

But this is one of those cruises you definitely need to be working with an agent and let them do all the work for you. And I agree with Trip, it's very important to purchase travel insurance for a cruise line this. Because of the length of time you're gone, anything can happen.

Pete

Dance till dawn September 17th, 2012 11:29 AM

My name is Kevin Howard and I'd be interested in getting more information regarding your trip around the world. I'm a 57 year old male, single, retired and in good health. Feel free to email me for additional details.

green_rd September 17th, 2012 01:37 PM

Kevin, I would suggest you send Carl CPA a Private Message here on Cruise Mates if you don't hear back from him on this forum.

Dance till dawn September 24th, 2012 05:37 PM

My name is Kevin Howard and I'm seeking additional information regarding the proposed round the world trip. My demographics. 57 years old, ale, retired, single and in good health.

Would help to know about the requirements, dates, options, travel itinerary, proposed travel mode, stops, total time, countries covered, proposed costs. East west, or north south options? As much information that you can provide would be helpful.

I appreciate you contacting me.

K. Howard

832-370-0372 cell

Africandance@yahoo.com

rre January 22nd, 2013 04:32 PM

104 nt world cruise

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlYoungCPA (Post 1445150)
I am interested in Cabin Mate(s) for round-the-world out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days. Your share would be a grand total of about US$20,000 (if just two of us).

Hi, I also interested in this cruise. I'm 53 yrs, female, widow. I need a cruise companion! Thanks. Ralma

sailorman57 February 25th, 2013 08:06 PM

hi relma
im tom 58 yr old dont drink or smoke
im an adventurer
i found a 113 day cruise from ft lauderdale to ftlauderdale jan 3rd 2014 hollad america
would you be interested/?
203-213-5464