Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > P & O Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Oriana F229

Hi all, newbie here looking for advise and opinions, my wife , sister-in-law, and mother-in-law are currently cruising on board the Oriana, and were advised because they booked late it was a Gataway product and they could not be guaranteed a cabin location, two weeks before they departed they were advised their cabin was F229, and having googled found a complaint or two about it being a very noisy location, adjacent to a crew 'quarters' access door. Their fears now realised as they are having sleepless nights, and mum who is 94 is beginning to feel very anxious and unwell as she is getting constantly awoken by corridor noises. My wife had enough this morning and complained to reception at 2am and the text I received from her was that the complaint did not appear to be taken seriously and an attitude of 'what do you expect us to do about that' . Their mum booked the cruise with the heavy hearted feeling it may very well be her last, paid a substantial cost and now only 6 days into the 11 day cruise wants to come home, my wife and SIL are concerned for her well being as she is progressively becoming more lethargic and tired. Any ideas if a complaint can be escalated onboard to find a person of position who can appreciate their concerns and those for the well being of a 94 year old .

Thanks very much
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Hi there, sorry to hear about your experiences. We had a similar issue a few years back with machine noise keeping us awake. We were eventually given a change or room after we took our pillows & covers & set up camp on the chairs in the reception area.
Not sure if the stricter 'good behavio(u)r' rules would risk them being debarked, but it might be worth threatening to do the same & see what is said then.

Also if you can record the noise, say on a cam-corder, & demonstrate it to the chief purser, saying you will take it to your solicitor upon your return to sue for compensation, it may encourage them to do something.

Good luck for a successful resolution.

Alan
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Hi there, sorry to hear about your experiences. We had a similar issue a few years back with machine noise keeping us awake. We were eventually given a change or room after we took our pillows & covers & set up camp on the chairs in the reception area.
Not sure if the stricter 'good behavio(u)r' rules would risk them being debarked, but it might be worth threatening to do the same & see what is said then.

Also if you can record the noise, say on a cam-corder, & demonstrate it to the chief purser, saying you will take it to your solicitor upon your return to sue for compensation, it may encourage them to do something.

Good luck for a successful resolution.

Alan
Thank you Alan, they've been back exactly a week and I have read the letter they sent on board to the passenger services manager and heard a iPhone recording of the noise in their cabin, I can say in all honestly it is a terrible racket, no paying pax should have to endure that every single night. If you interested in hearing it , send a pm! My wife did go to reception and threatened to sleep there but she did not take her bed sheets etc only her night clothes sadly there were no free cabins to move them to,
Thanks again and cheers
Julian