Old February 8th, 2002, 03:37 PM
ames

Default Grand March 17th?

My husband and I (53 & 41 respectively) are cruising 3/17 on Grand for our 1-yr. anniversary. I've been on 2 sailings before -- one in college -- one with another guy (but don't tell my hubby!) a few years ago (way before I met Mr. Right!). But my husband has never been.

We're booked on Lido deck, category BA, so I'm almost hoping we don't get upgraded again (orig. had BD guar.) as I hear Lido deck is prime location. But I probably wouldn't complain if we got a suite!

We booked personal choice dining and a snorkeling trip in G. Cayman with Capt. Marvins.

Anyone else going 3/17?
Old February 9th, 2002, 01:20 PM
A2Bob

Default Re: Grand March 17th?

We,too are sailing on the Grand on Feb.17th.
We are Bob and Judy Davis from Adrian, MI,USA.
We also are doing PC dining and are scheduled
to go on Captain Marvin's 11:15 AM trip on Feb.20th.
This will be our sixth cruise and we are looking
forward to being less frenetic this time in that
we have scheduled very few excursions.
This is partly because we have been to this area
before and done many of the things being offered.
It's great to know others who also will be cruising
with us and we look forward to meeting you onboard. We will
be arriving the day before and staying a day after
the cruise, partly to avoid the hassles at the
airport I have read about online and also because
we got a much better price on airfare this way.
Congratulations on your upgrade, we faired less well
in that regard.

Regards,

Bob and Judy (B620)
Old February 9th, 2002, 02:50 PM
carkosh

We're going too!! Going with Hubby, Jack, & 2 teenagers, our son, Craig, 18, & his friend, Troy, 17. Some friends are joining us also. See all of you on board. Can't wait!!

Carol
Old February 11th, 2002, 08:31 AM
First Mate

We are cruising on the Grand on March 17th. We have not received the booklet describing the excursions yet? Have you received yours? We did book Captain Marvin through the internet on the midmorning trip. My husband and I are both 46, this is our second cruise, and we are on the Caribe deck (307). We are sooooo looking forward to this!
Kathy
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:43 PM
ames

Kathy -- yes, we received our packet a couple weeks ago from our travel agent. It included pre-registration forms and shore excursion booking forms. But I think you can book your excursions online via Princess' website as well with the "cruise personalizer." All you need is your booking number. We didn't book any through Princess. We decided to do the 2-hr. Capt. Marvin snorklel trip at 8:30 am. Hope we can catch an early tender to shore or else we'll lose our reservation!

Hope we meet onboard. We're on Lido deck, unless we get an upgrade, which I'm almost hoping we don't as I like this location.

amy
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband Bret and I are sailing on the Grand on 3-17. It is our first cruise and our first vacation in 20 years without the kids. We are celebrating our 20th anniversay while on board. we have also selected PC dining. We are on the Carib deck 702. We have been upgraded once already and are hoping maybe another one will come our way. We recieved our excursion book about 2 weeks ago and booked the New Waves Stingray Sandbar snorkle at 8:30 in the Caymans, the Chacchoben Mayan ruins at 9:30am in Costa Maya and the Dolphin Discovery tour at 8:30 in Cozumel, Bret is also doing the afternoon New Waves certified dive at 1:15 in Cozumel. I don't dive so he will be doing this one on his own. we are arriving a day early and staying a day later. 34 days to go..
Old February 11th, 2002, 06:50 PM
carkosh

Kathy,

We also received our excursion booklet with our pre-registration forms several weeks ago. My husband & I have done similar excursions on other islands so we'll probably skip these (we may go to ruins in Cozumel though) but the kids may want to do one or two (IF they ever make up their minds lol). We're also on Caribe deck, C415. See everyone on board. Can't wait!!

Carol