Old July 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Snick's Guy

Default Questions About a 10-Day Cruise

Hello----

We are a group of 8 that will be sailing on our first 10-day crusie (Sun Princess in Dec).
We have all sailed previously, most recetnly on the Golden Princess in May, but this will be the first non 7-day cruise for all of us.

We have a few questions:

1) Formal Nights. Will there be more than the standard two formal nights? If so, how many?

2) I think the soda card on our 7-day cruise was around $20. Will the soda card cost more for a 10-day cruise? If so, how much?

3) Does the restaurant start to repeat any main course selections, appetizers or dessert selections on a 10-day cruise?

4) As I plan to do laundry for this cruise so I don't have to pack 10 days worth of clothes, what is the tunr-around time if you send your laundry out to be cleaned? Is is a per item charge, or will they give you a bag and then charge you a flat-fee for all the items inside?

Thank you for your responses.
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Questions About a 10-Day Cruise

I was on the 10 night Sun Princess in April and will answer as much as I can.

1. Just 2 formal nights.

2. Didn't buy - but yes it would cost more.

3. No repeats on the menu. However, there's a special area on every menu where you can order the same things - shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, New York strip, etc. if you don't like the selections on the menu.

4. I didn't use this. However, there's a laundry room on about every passenger deck for you to do it yourself. They also have irons and ironing boards in the same area.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Admiral

We have done a 10 day full-canal transit and you will have 2 formal nights.
Yes the soda card is more on a 10 day cruise. on a 7 day it was $22.50 that makes its $3.20 per day so i guess you could figure on it costing around $32.50 for a 10 day cruise.
No they do not repeat any meals on a 10 day cruise, each night is different.
We used the self-service laundry on our cruise. They do charge per item, but if you read your Princess Patter there will be fill the bag type of laundry specials, that's the time to send out your laundry. I think the turn-around time is next day.
Old July 28th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

The laundry special is $15 for the bag, but it's mainly limited to socks, underwear etc. if I recall correctly

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Geoffrey

Default Re: Re: Questions About a 10-Day Cruise

The soda card costs $25 on a 10-day cruise. I just got back from the Grand Princess in the Baltic and I had a great time. :-)
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:45 PM
debp

Default Re: Re: Re: Questions About a 10-Day Cruise

I don't know specifically about your ship, but be careful about planning to send out laundry. I was relying on the "all you can stuff in a bag" approach I had read about on these boards. That was not available on my Golden cruise. We sent in about 4 bags of laundry (the bags are sized more for a single set of clothes, but we stuffed a lot in them). The bill was well over $120. It was not a surprise as they have you itemize the list and price it out before you ever turn in the bag. It was our choice, but it was just like hotel prices. The turn around time was 2 days. Next time, I won't plan on washing but will try to carry enough to make it to the end of the cruise.

We had trouble finding a free washer as we were always out on excursions from 8-3 every day. They were always being used. One person told me to get in around 6 am to make certain that you get a washer. Make certain that you have plenty of change for the washer, dryer, and soap.

The laundries are located conveniently and everyone did seem respectfull of other people's belongings.