Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Crusin J

Default St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Kitts and Barbados shor

I will be going on a November cruise to these ports. I see a lot of shore excursions offered by Princess that sound great. I would like to know if anyone know the best thing to do at each island. I don't want to waste my time doing one thing on an island, that would have been better at the other.

Which island is best for snorkeling and beaching, which one is better for shopping? Which one has better mountain biking and/or horseback riding? Which one is best suited for touring?

Also, any suggestions as to where I can find other shore excursions/private tour-activity vendors?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:25 AM
pg

Default Re: St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Kitts and Barbados

You have a good question, but the amount of anwers you need make me thingk that you will get a much better response if you post this on the "ports or call board" Caribbean"
Old September 10th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Admiral

St. Maarten and St. Thomas are your best shopping islands. The best deals will be on jewlery, liquor, linens, perfumes, small electronics (camera's). We found the shopping in St. Maarten to be better than St. Thomas. Both of these islands have goregeous beaches. There are a couple of really fun excursions to do on St. Maarten - the Golden Eagle Catamaran Out Sail - you sail up the coast which is beautiful over to this small island natural preserve where you can swim, lay on the beach or go snorkeling. Book the tour in the am so that gives you time to go into town in the afternoon. Also the America's Cup Regatta is a total blast! you get sail and actual cup sail boat in an actual race. If you just want to hit the beaches in St. Maarten - grab a cab to Orient Bay - the most popular -there is a clothing optional section of this beach. Dawn Beach is another great beach on St. Maarten- more of a family beach. If you want to snorkel in St. Maarten look into a tour over to Pineal Island.
St. Thomas - do it on your own. Beautiful beaches - especially over on St. John Island which is just a water taxi ride over from St. Thomas. Good snorkeling also. Many beaches to choose from. Trunk Bay is the most popular- it can get crowded. There are lots of other great beaches to choose from. Do the beach in the morning and then you could do some shopping or grab a cab for a couple of hours and tour St. Thomas - make sure you go up to the top of the island for a great scenic view .
Go to Princess web site and click on shore excursions to get a good idea of what to do.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Beginner

My favorite excursion of all was the Golden Eagle Out Island Sail in St. Maarten, as has been mentioned in the previous posting. I will be signing up for that excursion again when I cruise in April. For St. Thomas (if you're not into the shopping), I really enjoyed the Champagne Catamarran to St. John. For St. Kitts-Sailaway to Nevis was fantastic. The snorkeling was not good, but the catamarran sail was beautiful and we were taken to a secluded beach, where we had a barbecue and open bar. That is a great excursion. If it is still offered in Barbados, go on the Mount Gay Rum Factory/Pub Hop. The rum factory is not that impressive but we had the BEST time. Anigua-anything on the water-the water is stunning. Hope this helps. Have fun.
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Crusin J

Default Re: Re: St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Kitts and Barba

Thanks for all the great info!
Old September 11th, 2004, 03:41 PM
BonnieN

Default Re: Re: Re: St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Kitts and B

In Barbardos try the Sea Turtle snorkle thing - it's awesome.
Bonnie
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:02 PM
cruisebob

Orient Beach on St. Martin- it is clothing optional, but quite beautiful. Expect for the overweight nudists.
Old August 7th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi I'm going on the carnival victory in seven days woohoo I'm looking for grey goose liquor what's the best place st thomas or st marteen on st kitss and also white henessy thanks and I'm going to all the beaches
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I bet that either St.Thomas or St. Maarten will carry that. Just keep in mind, when you return to the ship, they will hold that for you until the end of the cruise...

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Captain

We've always found the liquor prices to be better in St. Maarten. Stroll down the main street-the further you get from the main per, the cheaper it gets!
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old August 7th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Admiral

In March I will be cruising with stops at :San Juan ,St.Maarten ,St.Thomas (all that I've been to before) + Antigua ,St.Croix and Labardee,Haiti .When it gets closer I will ask for suggestions on must places to see.