Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:45 AM
MikeN

Default Any speciality dishes??

When we travelled on a Holland America ship, they said the special of the ship was Bread and Butter pudding served with a vanilla sauce.
They were right, it was great and we gave it a good tasting everyday. The free ice creams were also very good.
We are going on the Golden Princess mid way through this year, does anyone know what if any speciality’s they have?
Is the ice cream free or do you pay for it?
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Any speciality dishes??

Ice cream is only free in the Horizon Court from 3:30-4:00 each afternoon. Otherwise, it can be ordered for dessert in the dining rooms which is free. There is an ice cream counter next to one of the main pools for which you must pay.

I really liked the Love Boat Dessert. VERY chocolaty and rich and makes a pretty presentation!

Vicki

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:20 AM
MikeN

Love Boat Dessert????
What is it made of (apart from Choc)
Any other winners you can suggest?
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:59 AM
SharB

I discovered something on our last Princess cruise on the Diamond. At dinner, you can order a plate of cookies made of marzipan and some petit fours that were reeeeally good. I don't remember what they were called, but one of my table mates ordered them. Unfortunately, I'd already maxed out on food and when I saw it, I ordered it to go :o). They lasted well into the next day (as long as you keep them in your refrigerator). I'm not a big marzipan fan, but these made for great nibbles. On a previous cruise, I had a custard pie that was to die for. Unfortunately, it was only available at lunch (we usually eat our meals in the dining room) one time.

Shar
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Any speciality dishes??

The Love Boat Dessert was a rich dark chocolate mousse like texture, but very firm. At least they had some dolips of whip cream on the plate too. It was a good contrast to the deepness of the chocolate.

I really liked their New York style Cheescake too!

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Admiral

you have to try the individual dessert souffles, oh my they are soooo wonderful!
The cold soup appetizers are really good, i had a pina colada soup that tasted just like the cocktail.
Old April 20th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The Love Boat Dream, their homemade ice creams, the fettucine alfredo, the NY cheesecake.

Old April 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Passenger

The Kalua Rice Pudding is wonderful....I think it is served on the menu of the Santa Fe restaraunt....each of the 4 specialty restaraunts menu is available for one night in the main dining room along with the regular menu so you can still try something other than what they are serving in the main dining room....enjoy your cruise!
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

A friend told me that the onion rings in the Sterling Steak House are ab fab - will try them next week to see if that is true!