Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Beginner

Default Diamond Princess Disembarkation Question

Is it cutting it too close to take an 11:00 am flight out of Long Beach after my Diamond Princess 7-day Mex Riv sailing? I heard they now have an early walk-off type of disembarkation where you are first off as long as you can cart your own luggage. What's the earliest flight any of you have taken? THANKS 8)
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Beginner

Hi there
Don't know if you've sailed already, but I woud do the walk-off disembarkation (you'll have to show proof of the need) - for whatever silly reasons, L.A./San Pedro customs has taken a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time on the two cruises that I've taken from there. (My home town - what a shame.)
Happy cruising!
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Even with "walk off" you'd still be cutting it pretty close. We sailed on the Diamond in October and went through customs at San Pedro. Lines were long and moved slowly. If you have the option of a flight after 12:00 noon, I'd book that and pass on the 11:00 flight. We didn't do walk off, but had red tags (1st group off the ship). By the time we found out luggage, went through customs, boarded the transfer to LAX, went through screening at the airport, we had 30 minutes to spare before our noon flight.
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Default Disinbarkment

Many factors could cause you to miss that flight...to many variables when the time is that close. Being a Crewmember for Princess I recommend that you book Flights in the afternoon...Anytime after 1pm would be safer.

The Diamond is a Beauty!! She was my first post in 2003 and home for me for 6mths on that ship cruising LA to Mexico every 7 days.

Happy Sailing!! you will love her.