Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Beginner

Default Sapphire Princess Mini-suite

Hi. We are a family of 4 with 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 18 month old who will need to sleep in a crib. On the Sapphire, would you choose a Dolphin or Emerald mini-suite? We don't mind if the balcony is exposed, but do not want to be under Club Fusion/near a "noisy" area. Any difference fore or aft?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mini-Suite

We were in a mini-suite on the Dolphin all the way forward. I will tell you that if you are anywhere in the middle of the ship you feel overwhelmed with the amount of people looking down on your balcony. Either forward or aft would be better, the further away from the middle the better. The only thing I could think of between the Dolphine and Emerald would be one less deck looking down on you; however, remember people can look up at you too.

Lots of luck!
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Dolphin and Caribe decks are my decks of choice. I prefer to be midships because of the ease of access to everything on the ship and the stability. I must say that i never felt overwhelmed by the amount of cabins that could look down on us, in order for you to look up at the cabins you must stand at the outside rail, turn around and look up
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Familiar Face

Emerald mini-suites are the BEST !!!
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

lak1:

Why do you prefer the Emerald mini-suite vs. other Princess tiered ships? I just curious as I have yet to travel on that ship and am always looking for a good cabin.
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Emerald mini-suites are totally covered.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

GREAT TO KNOW!
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Familiar Face

I think there's some confusion regarding my comment - I meant that mini-suites on the Emerald DECK are the best because the balconies are completely covered and cannot be seen from above. The mini-suites on the Emerald SHIP are just like those on all other larger Princess ships - completely uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck mini-suites and completely covered ones on Emerald deck mini-suites.

To the original poster, I'd suggest taking a mini-suite on Emerald deck if you can still get one. (That's my opinion.)

lak1
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

OH! I thought you were talking about the Emerald Princess, DUH! Thanks for clearing that up............still great to know.

Di
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:07 PM
First Mate

I agree Emerald mini-suites are the best. I think you will love it.
Have a great cruise.