Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dolphin Deck, cabin 628

Sailing on the Coral Princess Dec. 7.....would like to know if anyone else has cruised to the Panama Canal on this ship and stayed in room 628 on the dolphin deck...if so...would u be so kind as to tell me how it was? I'm told it's a covered deck and the balcony is larger. This is what my TA has told me....normally I like to stay mid ship, but we're going with another couple who's going to have the room next to ours and we decided we'd change up. Never was at the aft of the ship before so I hope I don't get seasick.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Admiral

I was on the Island Princess for a Canal transit; the Coral Princess is her sister.

We were in D612 (a mini-suite). No cover for us, but the folks above us did have some cover. I do not remember if it was full or partial cover.

The ship cruises really slow (most of the time) and it was on glass. Really felt the ship moving at all.

This stateroom features two twin beds that can convert to a queen-size bed, private balcony, satellite TV, music system, refrigerator, closet, bathroom with shower, phone, and safe. (217 - 248 sq. ft. with balcony)

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Familiar Face

We too were on the Island Princess in D725. There was no cover over our balcony . What I loved about our cabin was that it was the end one and when on the balcony we had a broader view than just looking straight ahead. The room itself was wonderful.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Familiar Face

Hi watchurdiet,

I happen to have a photo of the balcony of your cabin (really it's a photo of the back end of the port side of the Coral Princess, but you can see your balcony). Years ago when I went thru the canal on the Coral, I cut and pasted this photo from somewhere into a WORD document and I can't figure out how to attach it here (can you do that??!??!). Anyway, you are correct, it is a covered balcony and you are right next door to a large suite. It looks very nice to me!

PS: If you know how to attach a WORD doc or to cut and paste the photo (tried that too), let me know - I'm happy to do it. Have a great cruise![/img]
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Familiar Face

Thank u all for ur reponses....For some strange reason I couldn't answer each one as they came in.... Can anyone help the poster who said they had a picture of the room on the Coral, but didn't know how to paste it on cruisemates to be seen?