Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Bringing wine or liquor onboard.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Can someone tell me if I can bring any kind of booze on the Sapphire Princess? We are going in Feb. to the Mexican Riviera. We really want to bring some wine to drink in the room. I have read so many conflicting things on this. Some say you can hand carry it. Others say you can put it in your luggage. Can you give me the scoop on this, please. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Admiral

From the Princess FAQ:

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.

Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.

Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

In other words, yes, you may bring wine or champagne, only, I believe they cap it at two bottles at a time (if you run out you re-stock in port). You can onlu consume it in your cabin, unless you want to pay a corkage fee (usually $15 to $25) if they open the bottle of wine for you in the dining room or another public room.

Old February 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Familiar Face

You can carry on wine. Booze will have to be put in your checked luggage.

Ron
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Beginner

How about soda and water?
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I'm pretty sure princess will allow you to bring a small, soft-sided cooler that holds about a 12-pack of either soda or water. I often buy a tall bottle of water or two in port during cruises and they never stop us from bringing them back onboard. I doubt they would care about soda from port either.

Old February 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM
First Mate

The posted Princess rules concerning liquor are rarely enforced & they usually depend on the pax to voluntarily turn over their bottles other than wine. The only real enforcement that can be seen is when returning in St Thomas with a 6 pack of liquor bottles. Wine can be carried from your cabin anywhere you like. Many a night I've see the head waiter carrying glasses of wine for pax to their table.