Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Complimentary Internet Access???

According to the Princess FAQs, "Plus – Platinum and Elite Captain’s Circle members benefit from credit toward Internet Café packages while full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary Internet access."

I have a couple of questions concerning the complimentary internet access for full suites.

1. Does this include in-cabin wireless service or is it restricted to the Internet Cafe?

2. Is there a limit to the amount of internet service that is really "complimentary?"

Thanks in advance ... Gazelle2

Read and post cruise reviews
NCL - Pride of America - May 2011
Carnival Elation - February 2011
Carnival Elation - November 2010
Carnival Dream - October 2010
RCL Oasis of the Seas - May/June 2010
Carnival Fantasy - April 2010
HAL Ryndam - September 2009
Carnival Holiday - May 2009
Carnival Celebration - April 5, 2008
Carnival Liberty - May 2007
Carnival Miracle - April 2006
Windjammer Fantome - 1987
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

1. Does this include in-cabin wireless service or is it restricted to the Internet Cafe?
In cabin use as well....

2. Is there a limit to the amount of internet service that is really "complimentary?"

If there is no time amount given I would think it would be for the length of the cruise, but never assuming is a good policy

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle2 View Post
I can't say for Suite Pax, but for Plat/Elite members, according to the Princess Website under Captain's Circle the times are ...

Complimentary Internet Packages
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATIONMINUTESVALUE7 days or less150$758-20 days250$10021+ days500$200

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I can never believe how fast the complimentary internet time goes by! I know on the when I was on the Magic we had problems, and they were going to be adding more bandwith.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I can never believe how fast the complimentary internet time goes by!
Not to mention how frustrating it is when they lose signal, but I guess it is a miracle we ever get a signal whilst at sea, I mean at work I am only 20 feet away from our nearest connection point & can rarely get a signal

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
I can't say for Suite Pax, but for Plat/Elite members, according to the Princess Website under Captain's Circle the times are ...

Complimentary Internet Packages
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATIONMINUTESVALUE7 days or less150$758-20 days250$10021+ days500$200

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

Alan & Katrina
Katrina and Alan,

Thank you very much for your answer. This is probably the same allowance they give to suites.

Gazelle2

Read and post cruise reviews
NCL - Pride of America - May 2011
Carnival Elation - February 2011
Carnival Elation - November 2010
Carnival Dream - October 2010
RCL Oasis of the Seas - May/June 2010
Carnival Fantasy - April 2010
HAL Ryndam - September 2009
Carnival Holiday - May 2009
Carnival Celebration - April 5, 2008
Carnival Liberty - May 2007
Carnival Miracle - April 2006
Windjammer Fantome - 1987
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Unhappy Internet access

Bear in mind that internet access on board is frustratingly slow, either in the Internet Cafe or in lounges or in cabin (if available). Availability of cabin access is variable from ship to ship. On most ships the suit passenger's lounge has wireless access.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html