Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ash
Default How to get shipboard credit

Hi!

I will be sailing on the Mariner in April and have been doing a fair amount of research into cruising and this ship in particular. My companion and I are first time cruisers and are terribly excited about this trip.

Throughout my investigations, I notice people talking about receiving or having onboard credit and I can't find out what this means or how to "participate". Could someone take a minute to enlighten this cruise virgin?

Thanks!!!
Ash
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: How to get shipboard credit

Ash,
There are several ways folks get shipboard credit on Radisson. In no particular order:
1. Your TA may be running a special where they offer a $100 or $200 pp shipboard credit (I've even seen as low as $50pp). My perception is that this is NOT from Radisson but simply the TA offering an incentive to book with them.
2. Any reservation made with an AMEX Platinum Card (the one that costs $350 or so per year) gets a $150pp shipboard credit for up to three cabins so booked. If you happen to have one of these or anticipate travelling on Radisson a couple of times a year this is a REALLY good deal.

Similar discounts are available to return cruisers (5%), book the next cruise on board (5%) (this is a good way to go if you like cruising withRSSC), and through the Gold Points program (basically you earn points for $$ spent on RSSC that are redeemable for a variety of things including $100 off your next RSSC cruise). Your TA should be able totell you about all of these.

PS We've been on Mariner and I truly hope you love it as much as we did.

Old December 13th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Admiral

What Greg said was right. I know Virtuoso agents have the $200 per suite shipboard credit plus shore excursion plus cocktail party. I think Giants Select agents have similar benefits.

I have had as much as $600 shipboard credit on a one week cruise before.

Ash, hopefully you booked with an agent who knows Radisson. If so, ask him about the credits.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old December 13th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Hi Ash,

you will love cruising, it is so addictive! We are going on our first RSSC cruise on the Mariner to the Panama Canal at the end of March - very excited as a special one to mark our 20th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded free on our cabin [g to e] and have $250 each onboard credit as well as the 2 for 1 deal. We booked a couple of weeks ago and had to have the air package [which was reasonable from the UK] to get that deal. Glad to have found this site, it could be helpful.

Happy cruising,
Teresa
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Take the time to look through all our available cruise line destinations with many distinct travel destinations to see. Many cruise line will give a shipboard credit rather than reducing the price. Shipboard credit requires the passenger to spend it and hopefully spend a lot past that amount.