Old December 4th, 2001, 03:19 PM
browezilla

Default Adventure of the Seas entertainment

Hi,

I've come across a lot of info on AoS the ship, but little on the entertainment on board. Would someone who has been on board comment on the type and quality of the entertain. From RCCL, I suspect it is top notch. I'm going on the 1/20/02 sailing, and I just can't wait! This ship is incredible.

Also, why is it 5K Tons less than Voyager & Explorer (137K vs 142K)?

Cheers,
Old December 4th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Adventure of the Seas entertainment

Hi Browezilla,
I would have to say that basically the entertainment on RCCL is always up there, so far have never been disappointed in their shows. Be sure to catch the ice show on Adventures of the Seas, at least the one on Explorer was amazing, considering the small area they have to work with.

I would think that you will throughly enjoy the entertainment onboard Adventures, be sure to let us know, OK?

Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 5th, 2001, 05:07 AM
Linda Marie

Ask [email protected] what the entertainment lineup will be that week. Besides the usual reveiws, singers and comedians, celebrities are often featured.
Old December 5th, 2001, 05:55 PM
BillG

As far as the apparent difference in reported size, I believe that the 142,000 figure was used as the original estimate for the Voyager class ships. When the ships are finally completed, the actual measurements (137,000 - 142,000 GRT) are made and a final figure (it is not a measure of weight) arrived at. I'm not anything like an expert but I believe that it is a measure of volume and depends on the amount of enclosed public space on the ship). Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can elaborate.
Whatever figure is used, this class of ship is large but never gives you the sense of being overwhelmed by its size. It works very well and provides a wonderful experience.
Old December 6th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Marc Benz

There is a difference of measuring passenger and cargo vessels.

I learned this once, hope, I remember correctly:

On passenger vessels, the GRT is the volume of enclosed, money-earning spaces. So for example crew quarters or cold storage for food would not count.

On cargo vessels, I think it is also the money-earning space (cargo) but it doesn't have to be enclosed.

Can someone confirm or correct?

You might also try a search for the keywords "GRT", "Gross Registered Tonnage" or "BRT", "Bruttoregistertonne" (german equivalent).

Marc
Switzerland
Old December 7th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Here you go browezilla. I am on the same cruise...

Here it is, straight from RCCL:

January 20 THRU January 27 (SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - 7 NIGHTS)

MICHAEL DEAN ESTER
COMIC

T. J. MCCORMACK
COMIC

FRANZ LERY
NOVELTY (ROLLO BOLLO/PLATE SPIN)

EMMANUELLE BALMORI
FEATURE ICE ACT

BRENDA EARLE
COCKTAIL PIANIST

PUB ENTERTAINER

SUSIE CAMPBELL BAND