Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:04 PM
twiceasnice

Default Navigator of the seas ??

We are going on the Navigator of the Seas the week of October 11. We were wondering if anyone has been on it. How did you like it? we have cruised with Disney 4 times, and now we wanted to try something new. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2003, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Lezah
Default Re: Navigator of the seas ??

We just returned 12/04/03 from NOS with a group of 16 other people. It was a beautiful ship with amazing facilities and amenities. The kids program is wonderful, our 7yo son begged us to let him stay in it longer than we had even planned to. On 2 of our port days we even left him at Adventure Ocean while we went ashore. We enjoyed ourselves and he had a blast without us. The food was delicious and plentiful. We actually found that there was too much to eat. The Windjammer has what looks to be a lovely afternoon tea assortment and we were always either too full from lunch or not wanting to spoil our wonderful dinner to enjoy it. The nightime shows were quite good too. Don't miss the Ice Dancin show! It was incredible and I'm picky about ice shows! Any other questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Andrew

Default Re: Navigator of the seas ??

Just returned from NOS 2 days ago. Great ship! I'm no gourmet, so consider the source, but I found the food to be abundant, diverse, delicious, did I say abundant?, and the Promenade Cafe became my stomping grounds. Great small sandwiches, awesome desserts, open 24 hours! The Windjammer had a great variety (though the variety was the same every day, but still, there was enough variety to satisfy virtually all palates). If you pace yourself, you can eat and eat and eat, and never get bored. Now, I'm not saying you should do nothing but eat. But you can get your money's worth of the food.

As for the entertainment, I was quite disappointed. The opening night "welcome" show was the zenith of entertainment. After that, it went downhill, in my opinion. The comic was better in the "welcome" show than he was the next night in the "adult" show (and the "adult" show didn't start until 12:30am - wasn't worth the loss of sleep, nor the inability to wake up early the next morning; I'd skip the "adult" show next time). Their version of the Newlywed Game was pretty good. But otherwise, I didn't think their entertainment could hold a candle to the entertainment on the Grand Princess.

And this may be a tough standard to hold the NOS Cruise Director to, but if any of you were lucky enough to have Graham from the Princess line (we had him on the Grand) as your Cruise Director, then you had the best of the best. The NOS Cruise Director is competent and adequate, but that's about it.

What else? The ports-of-call were fantastic. St. Thomas is gorgeous. If you can get Ezzat as your shuttle driver to Sapphire Beach (he drives a purple shuttle), you'll be in good hands. He's professional and will take you to spots to take pictures that will take your breath away. Labadee is a paradise playground. You have GOT to drop the $99 and rent a WaveRunner. Never did one before; now I want to buy one for myself. It's a riot of fun, but one caution - don't do it if you're not a speed demon. Slowpokes can ruin it for the rest of the group. If you go, trust your guides and trust your machine, and hold the throttle at full-bore. You won't regret it. Old San Juan (NOT San Juan) is good for shopping sightseeing. Thus, we left the kids on the ship for the morning. No problem. Nassau was problematic - we were there on a Sunday, but a majority of the shops are closed all day on Sundays. So be prepared for that.