Old December 15th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Default Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten

Hi All,

I'm going on the Mariner on Jan 4th. Stops are Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

I've been on several Voyager-class ships before with my family and have been to Nassau and St. Thomas but have mostly just walked around and gone shopping (although went to Atlantis in Nassau when it was still free to walk around). Personally, I would prefer to just stay on the ship - to me cruising is all about the ship. However, this time I'm taking my girlfriend and she has never been to any of these places.

I really want her to have a great time but to be honest, I'm not used to paying for 2 passengers (just turned 24 on the weekend and still trying to earn a decent living). Anyhow, the RCCL shore excursions can be a little expensive, especially for us Canadians because our dollar is still worth 30% less.

So I'm calling on all you experienced cruisers for some ideas for fun things to do in these ports on a budget!

Your help and understanding is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Btw: Has anyone tried to upgrade cabins closer to the end of the trip? It's our anniv. on the 2nd last night and I thought maybe there is a way to move to a better room just for a couple nights at a lower price than upgrading on the first day for the entire week.

Post Edited (12-15-03 10:39)
Old December 15th, 2003, 02:42 PM
mrf

Default Re: Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten

hey i am in the same situation as you. i am taking my girlfriend on the mariner on jan 4th also. she has never been on a cruise and we are on a tight budget also. we are doing the stingray snorkel in nassau. i think it is about $40 and a 4x4 safari in st. maarten that is about $80. we are just going to get a taxi and go to the beach in st thomas. we booked our shore excursions through rccl, but i think you can book them yourself for alot cheaper. hope ya have a good time, and i'll see ya on the 4th
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Regos Bendeguz

Default Re: Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten

St Marteen Seaman's club rules