Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
First Mate

Default Demographics on Short Cruises

We're considering a 5 day cruise on Enchantment 1st week of March,2006. 2 couples: one is 50-something, other is 30-something. Time does not permit a longer, 7 day cruise.

What demographic predominates on these shorter, less expensive RCCL cruises? Families, college kids or the usual mix?

The 4 of us loved our 7 day Alaska trip last summer on Princess. Kids on board were well behaved. A good mix of ages, activites.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Demographics on Short Cruises

We were just on the Sovereign of the Seas in February. Demographic was 25-55, with some senior citizens. Not too many families with children, a couple of groups of college kids. It seems to all depend on the time of year. I definitely enjoyed our tablemates both dinner and breakfast.. great people, lots of fun! Not as much heavy drinking, partying as Carnival.. which was nice..
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

The demographics seemed to be across the board on my 4 night sail. Both couples should find compatable people.
Old March 26th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I have done the 5 nt on the Enchantment and am doing it again. I am going for the 5th time on the Sovereign for 4 nts. I think there may be a tendancy towards a more party crowd, more singles, planty of kids. It really does depend on the time of year. For me it works better to do two 4 or 5 nts a year than one 7 nt.

It is only less expensive because it is shorter. The per diem can sometimes be more. I figure if I am paying less than $100 PP per day, it is worth it.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
First Mate

We were on the Enchantment in October and there was a wide range of ages. It did not seem like too many kids but it may be due to the time of year.