Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Disney World before cruise

Next summer I plan on flying to Florida a couple of days before our cruise and taking them to Disney World. Because we are already spending enough on the cruise I didnt want to spend a lot on a hotel/motel. Can any of you recommend a decent hotel to stay in close to Disney World. There are so many listed it is hard to pick the right one. Thanks, Julie
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Disney World before cruise

If you are traveling with small kids I would stay inside the park at the All-Star Resorts. They may be a bit higher (or not) than a decent hotel outside the park but the advantages of staying on property are worth.

Old August 3rd, 2005, 04:47 AM
CO

We just did the same exact thing on the 1st of July . We stayed 3 nights inside of Disney and drove over to Port Canaveral on July 4th to sail on the Sovereign. Just like the last person said , I would try to stay inside of the park. The All Star resorts are all very reasonably priced and you can get into one of those for the same price or sometimes a little less than a hotel outside the park. We stayed at the Contemporary resort because of its location beside of Magic Kingdom. We knew that 3 days was going to be cutting it a little short at Disney with all they have to do and see so we booked here. A little more expensive but well worth it because of its location. We drove to Florida so a couple of nights we drove outside the park to have dinner and from what I seen with other hotels , they all look very nice. Didnt see anything that was run down or anything. Hope this helps. If you need anymore info just let me know.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I live in the Panhandle and we are driving to Disney staying at Pop Century for $88 and then driving to Port of Miami.
Lexi
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Disney World before cruise

Totally agree that staying on Disney property is a wise choice. Their services for guests are phenomenal! There are some properties near Disney in Lake Buena Vista, but honestly, they're about the same price, if not more, than Disney's All Star Resort.
Try hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd which runs from Goodings Supermarket right to the Disney Marketplace/Downtown Disney West Side.

Old August 3rd, 2005, 04:41 PM
cappy9

I agree with the above posters. Stay at one of the All-Star resorts or Pop Century. Park your car and use Disney Transportation.
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

How is the all star resort at Disneyworld better then staying outside the park. It seems higher in price then staying outside the park. If we stay outside the park, does any know how much parking costs?
Old August 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Staying inside the park allows you to use Disney transportation so you don't have to drive to the parks. It allows you to take midday breaks easier by not have to leave the Disney porperty. It allows you early entry into certain parks on certain days. You can have your purchases delivered to your room so you don't have to carry them around with you. I think parking is about $6-8 dollars a day at each park. If you stay at a Disney hotel you can still use your own car to get to each park and don't have to pay for parking. They give you a pass. We have gone to Disney many times. We did stay outside of the Disney property once but didn't care for it.

BTW--if you have AAA you get a discount on the Disney property hotels.

Post Edited (08-04-05 07:52)
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I've done Disney/Seaworld/Universal several times now. When the kids were young (ie under 10) we stayed on site. Its much easier than trying to stay off property. Its too much for little ones to spend the whole day in the park. We found they did best by getting up early and going to the park, coming back to the hotel around one for lunch, a swim and a rest and then going back at night.

Once they were older we started to stay off property. We like Sierra Suites as they run packages and specials. The last time we were there it was $99/per night for a family of six. Because we stayed two nights we got 2 free tickets to Universal which brought the cost down to about $50 per night. They also offered a free continental breakfast and free transportation to the attractions (the bus ran to and from a certain times).

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03