Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Voyager Class Ships

Just back from Navigator of the Seas. My 2nd cruise on this ship. Cannot believe they could have been better than the 1st time, but they out did themselves. My question...I want to try some of the other Voyager ships. Will we be bored because they are all so similar? I know they are all designed the same, but do they appear different? Are all the shows alike? I love the lay out of the Navigator and think RCCL is tops. I just don't want to feel like I am on the same ship. Would like any comments, please!
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Admiral

We've sailed on Voyager of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas. While, they are the same class ship and layed out in a very similar manner, there were noticable differences. I think you would be pleased with another Voyager class ship. I found the same to be true when doing two of the Radiance class ships. If you want a different experience, why not try one of the Radiance class ships or maybe even the new Freedom class.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM
Yeoman

We did Navigator then Mariner a year apart. I think the most noticeable difference was decor, followed by service which was better on Navigator. Both ships were about a year old when we were on them too. For a change, we went smaller this year doing the Panama Canal on Brilliance. It was a nice ship, but after being on the Voyager class ships we were spoiled with all the extra space and amenities. We missed the street type promenade, the ice shows, better selection of food at Windjammer, 24 hr ice cream stations (when Windjammer was closed, you couldnt get ice cream), roomier arcade with more games, bigger kids club, more hot tubs, etc. The bonus of a smaller ship is that you dont have to walk as much, but we actually like roaming around the ship, discovering all the things to see. There werent as many elevators on Brilliance which was a problem during rush hour, though the glass elevators facing the ocean were wonderful. We never felt crammed on the Voyager class with all those people on board. We may try Freedom next, but we arent too sure about the ships coming out after that. They look too big and dealing with 5400+ people, luggage etc doesnt sound like fun. It was bad enough getting on Brilliance this time-worse than the Voyager class boarding. We thought the new system was to make it go faster and it actually slowed things down.

alison
PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal