Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Beginner

Default Karaoke & Demographic Question for the Voyager of the Se

Taking a karaoke Addict on a 7 day Western Med cruise and was wondering if anyone would know how many nights of karaoke there may be?

Also what would the demographics be for a Sept sailing? We don't dislike children or the elderly, but we travel for a brief respite from a hoarde of them at home.

I have also posted these questions on the NCL board as we are considering that cruise also. I hope that is not against the BB rules to post in 2 places

Thanks and happy sailing!
GW
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Karaoke & Demographic Question for the Voyager of th

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwalls
Taking a karaoke Addict on a 7 day Western Med cruise and was wondering if anyone would know how many nights of karaoke there may be?

Also what would the demographics be for a Sept sailing? We don't dislike children or the elderly, but we travel for a brief respite from a hoarde of them at home.

I have also posted these questions on the NCL board as we are considering that cruise also. I hope that is not against the BB rules to post in 2 places

Thanks and happy sailing!
GW
We were on Voyager in early July for their Med cruise starting/ending in Barcelona. I recall seeing karaoke once but there could have been more. Usually there is some sing along in the Schooner Bar, too, but I didn't spend much time there so I can't say for sure.

There shouldn't be many kids in September because most will be in school but there may still some who are too young yet for school. September is traditionally a non-family time to cruise so there may be an older (not necessarily elderly) crowd.

We really loved Voyager and had a great time. The ship is clean and well maintained, the crew were great. The food got significantly better on the second night and remained so for the rest of the cruise. The Beatles show was the best show I've seen on a ship in 8 cruises. It is a very port intensive cruise, too much so for my taste. The ship's tours run between 8-10 hours and there is only one sea day, you are on the go everyday from early (7 a.m.) to late, so pace yourself.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

Have a great cruise.

I loved Voyager and had a blast, as did my kids.
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would think that cruising in Sept. will have less kids because most are in school. Its the school breaks that have more, I wouldn't worry about that.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I would think that cruising in Sept. will have less kids because most are in school. Its the school breaks that have more, I wouldn't worry about that.
Yes that is kind of what we're hoping for, but school breaks and holidays are different in many places. I find most kids are quite well behaved on the cruises I've taken, and truthfully children don't have a monopoly on misbehaving or rudeness.

Thank you for your imput.
GW
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

We sailed voyager in May. Don't know how many kids there will be; but there was Kareoke on Deck 5 lounge twice; like the other person mentioned; the schooner bar has sing alongs just about everyday; the main kareoke bar is on Deck 5; I believe it is the Cleopatra needle
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Explorer in April and the cruise was loaded with kids! I did not think this would be the case but as it turns out, it was a school holiday in the Boston area. I overheard one crew member saying they had seven hundred kids on board which is seven times the average.

As far as karaoke, I think it was every other night. I made the top nine finalists and got to sing in The Palace which is a 1300 seat room, it was pretty cool even though I didn't win.

If there was a second or third prize, I think I would have walked away with something.

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas, 2009
RCI Explorer of the Seas, January 2010