Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Chocolate treat on Allure

I have not seen a notice about the chocolate breakfasts on the Allure so I just wanted to inform chocoholics that there are chocolate breakfasts on selected days on the Allure. I accidentally ran across this treat while on an expedition to the main restaurant> if you want more details about the breakfasts i enjoyed drop me a line>
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, chocolate for breatfast, doesn't get much better than that. Can you tell me where exactly this yummy meal is?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Familiar Face

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}The Chocolate Breakfast Menu was titled the Daily Ultimates. "Indulge in Chocolate" was the action invitation to indulge your chocolate cravings. First item on menu was a beverage. Choices were Hot Chocolate or Chocolate Milkshake. Naturally you should go for the chocolate milkshake. It is probably not as big as the one they serve at Johnny Rockets, but you are not paying as much and you can order seconds and thirds. Next choice is baked goods. The offerings are chocolate bread, chocolate muffin, chocolate marble cake and nutell. I did not take any baked goods because I felt they might spoil my appetite. The main course was a choice between chocolate waffles with caramel banana topping or chocolate pancakes with whipped cream. I ordered the waffles and I finished up with the parfait: chocolate cherry and cream cheese trifle. They also offer specialty beverages, but nothing beats a good chocolate milkshake.

If you have kids they can be entertained at the same breakfast by Sponge Bob and his buddies.

I now follow the philosophy: Regular exercise can help keep you fit & healthy, but to lose weight you often need to watch what you eat, too. Follow sound nutrition principles to slim down for good.

Of course if you really want to enjoy the fine food, although chocolate breakfasts are great, you should go to the 150 Central Park.
Your taste buds will feel you have gone to heaven.
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

if u look at one of the videos on allureoftheseas.com; they show pictures of the chocolate breakfast.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Admiral

So, this chocolate breakfast is extra, sounds like it? May-be well worth the cost.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Is it available on Freedom too?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 13th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
So, this chocolate breakfast is extra, sounds like it? May-be well worth the cost.

No. Only the specialty drinks - booze-based drinks - are extra. Cost of chocolate breakfast is included in your fare. I see that there is a video of the breakfast available. You might want to check it out.

I enjoyed it as a novelty. Mr buddy was excited by the idea of the milkshakes being free. I thought it was another feature on the Alure that I enjoyed. Unfortunately, I almost missed it. I hope fellow cruisemates who might enjoy it will find out when it is offered and partake.
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Admiral

The breakfast is free; it's served in main dining room. something Royal Caribbean started with Oasis and Allure

Go Reds
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Familiar Face

I was surprised that you did not ask about 150 Park Ave. You better make reservations to make sure you enjoy this culinary delight when you cruise on the Allure.

The chef who leads the kitchen of the signature restaurant onboard Allure of the Seas. Maureen "Molly" Brandt of Stillwater, Minn. has landed a one-year paid contract to be the Chef de Cuisine of 150 Central Park onboard Allure of the Seas.

Try this for a sample menu entry by Molly:
Chilled Lobster with fennel, carrots, citrus, caviar and tempura battered lobster mitt; Provencal Lamb Loin with Dijon potato puree, ratatouille, pattypan squash and olive tapenade; and Pistachio Cake with whipped rosewater crème fraiche and carbonated raspberries.

And she's dreaming up similar menus for Allure cruisers.

Pisachio cake what a treat, but, it's the little things that count with me and the Allure had pistachios and walnuts for cereal in the morning. And anchovies for Caesar salad and pizza at night.

Lucky you. Oh I forgot you don't like anchovies on your pizza. I say try it you'll like it.
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Familiar Face

Default typo in text should be central instead of Park. Monopoly on mind.

[QUOTE=amiable;1370999]I was surprised that you did not ask about 150 Central Park . You better make reservations to make sure you enjoy this culinary delight when you cruise on the Allure.

The chef who leads the kitchen of the signature restaurant onboard Allure of the Seas. Maureen "Molly" Brandt of Stillwater, Minn. has landed a one-year paid contract to be the Chef de Cuisine of 150 Central Park onboard Allure of the Seas.

Chilled Lobster with fennel, carrots, citrus, caviar and tempura battered lobster mitt; Provencal Lamb Loin with Dijon potato puree, ratatouille, pattypan squash and olive tapenade; and Pistachio Cake with whipped rosewater crème fraiche and carbonated raspberries.

Pisachio cake what a treat, but, it's the little things that count with me and the Allure had pistachios and walnuts for cereal in the morning. And anchovies for Caesar salad and pizza at night.

Lucky you. Oh, I forgot you don't like anchovies on your pizza. I say try it you'll like it.

Suggest you check out comments on Falmouth> They may be helpful.
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM
Familiar Face

Do you know which day the chocolate lover's dream breakfast was? I do NOT want to miss it!
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
Admiral

The chocolate breakfast will be posted in your cruise compass. I am out of town, so I can not look at my compass, I will check when I get home; but maybe someone else can check their cruise compass.

Go Reds
Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default It was offered on several days, not just one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal View Post
Do you know which day the chocolate lover's dream breakfast was? I do NOT want to miss it!
It was offered on several days. I was told it was offered on at sea days but I cannot confirm.

Don't miss the Central Park Restaurant if you have to select one specialty restaurant for dinner.
Old May 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiable View Post
It was offered on several days. I was told it was offered on at sea days but I cannot confirm.

Don't miss the Central Park Restaurant if you have to select one specialty restaurant for dinner.
On the Eastern Caribbean route; there is a Dreamworks Character Breakfast in MDR on day 3/6/7. These are sea days. The Chocolate Breakfast will happen at one of these events.

Go Reds
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Thanks AF,
I now know when to look for it....do you need to make resos for it, or just show up....Someone mentioned a charge for this chocolate breakfast, is that true too?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Admiral

There is no charge for the breakfast. You do need to make reservatoins for the Dreamworks character breakfast; but u can still go to the chocolate breakfast.
Allure of the Seas | Oasis Of The Seas

when u click on this link, it takes you to RCI videos; click on the Royal Experience videos, then click on "A Sweet Start: Chocolate Indulgence for an ultimate breakfast"

this is the video explaining the chocolate breakfast

Go Reds
Old June 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Familiar Face

Oh you so had me at chocloate breakfast, but you lost me at character breakfast. Sounds like their would be lots of kids running and around hopped up on sugar. !
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmketeer View Post
oh you so had me at chocloate breakfast, but you lost me at character breakfast. Sounds like their would be lots of kids running and around hopped up on sugar. Lol!
kids are kept in corner area of restaurant with characters. You can enjoy the chocolate breakfast at a quiet table and no munchkins will bother you. You can also get a nice buffet breakfast where you only have to compete with fellow adult shipmates. It is worthwhile no matter what you do.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Admiral

While on the Freedom of the Seas, we booked the Allure of the Seas, for June 2013! It seems sooooo far away! I have lots going on between now and then, so I know time will pass quickly. However, I can't wait! Chocolate Breakfast! Oh yes!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Make sure you go to 150

I was surprised that you did not ask about 150 Central Park . You better make reservations to make sure you enjoy this culinary delight when you cruise on the Allure.

Old June 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Familiar Face

Oh man you just made my day! I just booked the Allure for next May and I'll be adding your little tid bit to my must do's now.
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Captain

I had the chocolate breakfast on Liberty OTS I think it was .. I didnt know it was anything special, so I could have missed it before.

Im signed up for the character breakfast on Oasis which is also a chocolate breakfast.

Iv had it. Have it reserved for one of the three days its offered on my Sept Oasis. Oasis you can sign up ahead of time.
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Familiar Face

Good idea to go on the Allure.
My personal feeling is if I find something I like I should share the information with cruisemate. As I did with you and as I did last week when a friend commented to me that his friends had been on the Allure and they reported they were not impressed by the food. Based on that kind of report he had a somewhat jaded perspective about Allure food. I tried to set him straight with my report and this sort of changed his attitude. Of course, as they say the proof is in the pudding, and he will have to find out for himself as you will. Bon appetit and good cruising.