Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Oasis Guarentee stateroom balcony?

Going on Oasis Oct 8. It is a special occassion and I really want an ocean view room. The rates for ocean view guarenteed room is over $200 more per person then the general guarentee balcony rate (which only guarentees 1 of the 3 balcony classes, boadwalk, central park, ocean). I was wondering what other people that booked the general balcony have received and if there is a high rate of getting the ocean view?

Thanks for any and all help and I know nothing is for sure
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Did you already book the balcony guarantee?? If so, keep checking your information on the Royal Caribbean web-site and as soon as you are assigned a cabin, it will show up there. I recently booked a balcony cabin on Allure, but booked a specific cabin, I wanted to be sure I had an ocean.....

Crossing my fingers you get that ocean one...do let us know.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Captain

I thoroughly enjoyed our boardwalk balcony and turned down an "upgrade" to an ocean view balcony (we do sell cruises so did want to know more about this unique balcony offering). BUT I would not have wanted Central Park (just too quiet). I'd advise to check your reservation status on their website and hope for the best. Even as a special occasion, you can spend the $400 on yourselves and that could be a nice equalizer!
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeland951 View Post
Going on Oasis Oct 8. It is a special occassion and I really want an ocean view room. The rates for ocean view guarenteed room is over $200 more per person then the general guarentee balcony rate (which only guarentees 1 of the 3 balcony classes, boadwalk, central park, ocean). I was wondering what other people that booked the general balcony have received and if there is a high rate of getting the ocean view?
Thanks for any and all help and I know nothing is for sure
We were just on the Oasis in May and found HUGE PUBLIC aft balconies on decks 11 and 12. You could book a Boardwalk balcony to save money then just walk out your door to these balconies for wonderful aft ocean views. We even watched a couple Aqua shows up there instead of fighting the crowd below. Check out the deck plans on the website.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Captain

Iv read posts elsewhere where people who booked inside gtys even got the city park balconys. They are a dime a dozen.

If you get one you dont like, RCL usually allows you to request to be thrown back into the gty pool and hope for better luck next time.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for all the advice. I appreciate it!
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I will give a contrary opinion.

If you REALLY want an ocean balcony then book it. They fill up first and your chances of being assigned one is much lower than getting an interior balcony.

Personally: I would book the ocean balcony. I'm going on a cruise and not staying at Embassy Suites. I want to see the ocean not a "park" or "city" scene. You can enjoy the Boardwalk or Central Park firsthand but when you get back to your cabin you can enjoy the view of the ocean.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You are correct Mike, I've noticed in their advertizing of balcony cabins starting at ***, those are the boardwalk or Central Park cabins. I consider a balcony to be an "ocean" view, so I did not book a guarantee balcony for that reason, had to book specific in order to get the ocean, and of course you pay extra for that, but that is what makes the cruise so special to me. So, rather than chance it, I put up the extra $ for it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Familiar Face

Um, it's "guarantee" lol