Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Captain

Default Can you bring water or soda on board?

I know according to the RCCL website that you cant bring any water, soda or alcohol but as far as the water and soda go do they look the other way when you have a small amount in your carry on or will be be confiscated? It seems I have heard conflicting reports about this. Has anybody recently sailed and have any answers?
Thanks.
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

That's just it- depends who you ask, what/how much soda they were bringing. If you drink nothing but root beer and you show up with a six pack chances are they will let you through without comment but if you bring a case of Cokes (which they sell onboard) they might object. Booze is definitely a no-no, they will confiscate any you have.
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Familiar Face

Sorry jumping in here...
So hopefully hubby will be allowed to bring some of his Diet Mountain Dew as most ships only sell coke products which he doesn't like. He's diabetic and it would be a l-o-n-g 7 night cruise without it.

So, what is everyone's opinion on trying to bring these...carry on or checked luggage?
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Quote:
So, what is everyone's opinion on trying to bring these...carry on or checked luggage?
With the way the airlines toss around the baggage, I cannot imagine having soda inside my checked bags...one wrong oops,and all your clothes are wet...if you decide to bring soda onboard, it really needs to be purchased prior to boarding, and carried onboard.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

we used to carry small diet cokes on board but now we just get the soda package. We never had any problem getting them on board and most of the time took at least 3 six packs. We always carried them in carry on luggage and wrapped them up very tightly in a bag so that if they did spill it wouldn't ruin anything.. I would never check them though at the airport.. sure to get demolished... it's worth a try if you want something they don't have....