Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
First Mate

Default Oasis of the Seas

It will be our first time on a ship this size. Does anyone have any suggestions for a "first timer"?

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Admiral

It has been a while since I was on the ship, but...
For a quick breakfast with fewer people, try the cafe in Central Park or Johnny Rockets. Be sure to get your tickets for all the shows on-line, as soon as you can. Look for all the interesting art, like the alligator coming out of the New York manhole, next to the comedy club. If I think of other things, I'll let you know.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have to admit, I also loved the art work throughout the ship, all the staircases, etc...There was always sometime to look at. About half way through the cruise, I knew what staircase I was using because of the specific artwork :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Captain

Book all and any resevations online with RC. The water shows, entertainment, comedy, and even speciality restaurants. The ship is HUGE, so walkie talkies come in handy to find your party. The floating bar is so cool, do it quickly as it will fill up "always".
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14
Freedom OTS-10/14

Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Good morning, Mike.
As far as shore excursions are concerned, be aware that you have the option of scheduling those in advance and are not limited to the ones that the ship arranges for you. You can often get much better prices and can get an itinerary that is tailored exactly to what you and your party are specifically interested in seeing. All you have to do is let the independent tour operator know in advance of the ship arriving at the pier. For example, if you are coming to Jamaica, your tour operator can meet you at the pier with everything in place. It's "hassle free", you can have a small, comfortable vehicle exclusive to your party (not a large coach with 35-40 people), and the most can be made of your time. You can stop wherever you want to stop, take as long for an activity as you like--everything is just for you and your party. For more information on a Jamaican shore excursion, see fb for O'Neil Lawrence in Falmouth (and Montego Bay). 876-277-3408
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default iPod dock on Oasis?

I have read a few of the posts and a little confused by the answers. Can anyone who has sailed the Oasis of the Seas very recently confirm yes or no? Also, after reading lots of advice to book entertainment in advance it seems like a must-do! We are sailing on April 28 and it looks like most shows are booked already. Will we be able to reserve on board if we get there early on Saturday? Thanks!
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, you can book when you get onboard, but I would recommend taking another look at days/times, etc. and see if you can't find something you can fit in. You can also go to any one and wait in the stand-by line and they will let you in, 10 minutes before the performance to claim any remaining seats. We actually did that a few times and were able to find seats, but there were not that many left. There are also computers throughout the ship you can check on seating, but I highly doubt it will change from what it is now... Just keep checking and get a slot that will work and manage your schedule according to that. Good luck and enjoy the amazing entertainment.

Message Boards Moderator