Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thumbs up The most awesome driver/tour guide we ever met!! (Lindsay)

We arrived at the airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica 2 weeks ago and was welcomed and transfered to our hotel by the person who would be our driver/guide for the next week and a half (Lindsay McFarlane). His van was very clean, airconditioning perfect, especially since we arrived on a day that was very sunny.

From the moment we took our seats (6 persons in our party) we were greeted with choices of red stripe bear, bottled water, juice and rum punch. needless to say our vacation got started from then on.

We booked 3 excursions... Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios and Luminous Lagoons in falmouth. Negril, seven miles beach and Ricks Cafe sunset, and south coast YS Falls and Black River Safari. To our surpprise, because we purchased 3 separate destinations, we were offered FREE!! airport transfer. We have never had that kind of offer in our travel before so we were very impressed that for a small operator like Lindsay, he was able to give a treat like that, it proved that he's not only thinking about the money, but, also delivering quality service...something I don't think the larger companies who make alot more business are capable of doing.

On all our excursions we were well informed about the history and customs...He took us through the country, farming areas, we sat there a chatted with the local people, pick our own fruits from the trees and had them right there. It was such a memorable trip that we will always cherish...Thanks a lot Lindsay!

If you care for an awesome driver/guide! you can contact him at ***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; April 2nd, 2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: removed hyper link
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Admiral

We were in St.Maarten last week and signed up for a tour .The guide was named Jose but he pronounced it as Josee .
During the course of the tour a passenger fell out the door as she was exiting .He stopped the bus in traffic and proceeded to address the situation .

He was a very interesting person . He played collegiate basketball for 2 years ,dropped out of college and enlisted in the marines .After his tour of duty was up he returned to college and completed his degree .

Aside from being a tour guide he is also a Pro Basketball player in Europe .I discussed my basketball background and that one of my friends played basketball in the European leagues as well.
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Familiar Face

Jose rocks! He was our tour guide as well. Funny, and this man knew where to get stuff at a good price. If I ever return, I will definitely look for him again.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Default Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal View Post
Jose rocks! He was our tour guide as well. Funny, and this man knew where to get stuff at a good price. If I ever return, I will definitely look for him again.

I'm trying to find out his last name ,it will make it a lot easier to find him for another tour.