Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Time Cruiser Need Info on poker cruise

I just booked my first cruise. I have travelled lots to the Caribbean but never been on a cruise. I am a avid poker player so I decided to book the Royal Caribbean's poker cruise departing October 27, 2012.

What should I expect on this cruise? Are poker cruises different then a normal cruise other then someone hosting poker tournaments on them? I also have two small children under the age of 5 and wondering what the Royal Caribbean cruise line is like for children and activites. We will be at sea over Halloween and wondering if they will have special events.

Also has anyone been on a poker cruise, what is the level of play on these? And are they run well?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

All the Royal Caribbean ships have great kids centers and activities...What ship are you on?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Honestly, I can't tell you how that poker cruise will be. Isee more & more poker games on ships but my opinion is that there are very few "pro" poker players. Some guys could be really good, but the stories of riverboat gamblers running scams and all that - pure fiction.

I am sure it will be a regular poker tournament, and if anything it will probably be more lightweight than one in vegas or elsewhwre.

But I could be wrong - I hope YOU come back here and let us know how it goes.

By the way - no matter what, the kids will have a great time. So....

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away - know when to swim (?)

Don't count your money while your sittin; at the table. There'll be plenty o' time for countin' when the cruise is done.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
All the Royal Caribbean ships have great kids centers and activities...What ship are you on?
I am on the Oasis of the Seas ship.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oasis and her sister ship Allure of the Seas are great for kids and families. They have a special pool area just for kids, they will have so much fun..

Message Boards Moderator