Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default Brillance of the Seas and Port Everglades parking

1) What does anyone know about Brillance of the Seas? I am booked on her in August.

2) How convenient is the parking at Port Everglades for Allure of the Seas?
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Can't be too bad. Thousands find their way to the ship every weekend.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
First Mate

Could you help further explain what you'd like to know about Brilliance? She's a Radiance Class Ship; 90,000 tons, primarily sails European and Southern Caribbean routes.

Port Everglades is easy to get to and park, should have no problem.
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for your resonse. My wife heard that it is old, that toilets don't flush properly. upholstery is worn, that there's no electrical power when the ship is in port, that cabin stewards routinely forget to make up rooms and the food is poorer than other RCI cruises. A standard complaint is that there are not enough seats in the buffet and people, for beakfast, either sit on the floor or go hungry as with the shore excursion scheduie there is not enough time to eat in the main dining room. This is all from a friend who sailed on her last year who said that the ship was horrible.. My wife is so upset, she wants me to cancel and book on another ship. Do you or does anyone out there know anything about these reports. If I cancel and book on another ship, I will lose thousands of dollars. Your insight would be appreciated.
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriema2002 View Post
Thanks for your resonse. My wife heard that it is old, that toilets don't flush properly. upholstery is worn, that there's no electrical power when the ship is in port, that cabin stewards routinely forget to make up rooms and the food is poorer than other RCI cruises. A standard complaint is that there are not enough seats in the buffet and people, for beakfast, either sit on the floor or go hungry as with the shore excursion scheduie there is not enough time to eat in the main dining room. This is all from a friend who sailed on her last year who said that the ship was horrible.. My wife is so upset, she wants me to cancel and book on another ship. Do you or does anyone out there know anything about these reports. If I cancel and book on another ship, I will lose thousands of dollars. Your insight would be appreciated.
I think her friend is cuckoo
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Captain

Exclamation Brilliance OTS

The "friend" doesn't know what he/she is talking about. If the ship were that bad, there would be a gazillion posts on these forums warning people to stay away.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
First Mate

Agreed, I just got off Brilliance 4 weeks ago from the Norway Fjords cruise and these concerns are completely inappropriate - I have very high standards (Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean, Platinum at Starwood Hotels, etc.) and would sail Brilliance again and again. I sailed her in 2005 and this year and found her in the same good condition.

Say hello to Julie from the cruise staff as she is fantastic! If you're in a suite, Betsy (concierge) will certainly handle any concerns. Absolutely do not cancel.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
First Mate

Oh and the no electrical power in port is completely, whole heartly FALSE. The ship operates on full power 24/7 and is operated like a 5 star hotel, shocks me that someone would tell your wife this--nuts!
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
Oh and the no electrical power in port is completely, whole heartly FALSE. The ship operates on full power 24/7 and is operated like a 5 star hotel, shocks me that someone would tell your wife this--nuts!
There are allways people who love to make negative statements.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!