Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hotelc near to Fort Lauderdale port?

We want to take a 7 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. The cruise departe from Fort Lauderdale. Are there any recommendations for a hotel close to the port? Nothing extravagent.

Last edited by Mike M; September 13th, 2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Removed link
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Here is a link to a thread that lists many hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area that have shuttle service to the port.

Hotel listings with shuttle services in Fll.

I also suggest trying Priceline and bidding on a 3.5 or 4 star hotel in the "Fort Lauderdale" zone. The Renaissance, Embassy Suites are common hotels that come up.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I really enjoyed the summer field suites. They offerred a free tasty evening appetizer buffet along with free soda, wine, and beer. Also a free and tasty breakfast buffet
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I agree with Mike for Priceline, and, The Renaissance is my hotel of choice close to the pier....last winter I booked with Priceline, and, I got Pier 66,another nice hotel.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 13th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Admiral

We are staying again in the Hampton Inn on 12th Street. They offer complimentary breakfast and complimentary port and airport shuttle service in their cool van with flamingos on top - can't miss it. They will also take you around town within a 5 mile radius for dinner, we ate at Lester's Diner. There is a McDonald's in front of the property and next door there is a Dollar Store as well as a grocery market in the strip mall next door, all within walking distance. A great value. Enjoy

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

We usually stay at Hyatt Place, booked via Valutrips.com - they have a complimentary airport shuttle, Continental breakfast buffet. The shuttle to the port costs $7 each or you can get a taxi for $10. Behind the hotel there is a strip mall with a supermarket and liquor store for last minute purchases.
There are restaurants next door and within easy walking distance. They will shuttle you to downtown/beach area free, and pick you back up when you call, or you can catch the HOHO bus opposite and make a circuit to the beach Sun Trolley - Fort Lauderdale's Community Bus Service -
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Queen, we also have enjoyed Hyatt Place, it's a great location. The shops across the little side street are: Harbor Shops Ther is a little book strore, I love there for a last minute read for your cruise.

Acoss A1A, is the Bimini Boat Yard, a nice splurge, before or after your cruise.

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We will be staying at that same Hampton a day pre-cruise and a day post-cruise. It sounds like it will have everything that we need.

We will be going on our very first cruise ever...on Feb 3, 2013....on the Allure of the Seas (RCI)

Anyone else going be be sailing with us?

This is my first post on these forums and I hope to talk to alot of you.

What have I forgotten to put on my many lists of "do not forgets?"

Any tips about the Allure would be much appreciated.

Thanks....
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Welcome To CruiseMates! Firstly, I hope you have taken out travel insurance....this is so important. Also, take a power strip, for all your electonics. A garbage bag, used in the closet, will become your laundry bag, then you can pack it.

Please come back, and share your 1st cruise adventure with all of us.

Old November 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Familiar Face

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown City Center (www.hamptoninnfortlauderdale.com). Nice hotel, free breakfast and Wi-Fi and last time that I was there they were starting to build a bar in the lobby! (I don’t know if is ready, but a bar is always a nice way to spend the night…)
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the tips....all good ones! We always get insurance when we travel. It really makes us feel more relaxed about everything.

Anyone sailing on the Allure of the Seas with us on 02/03/2013? I'd love to hear from you and also from anyone who has sailed on that ship....and if so, were you first time cruisers like us?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

WE did meet some first time cruisers when we were on Allure last year. It will surely be difficult to top this cruise, being the first. You will be able to compare other cruises to this one, but you will not be able to top the entertainment, so many great shows. They even have an evening where they use the back pool and have the water go to music....amazing...

Message Boards Moderator