Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Familiar Face

Question Panoramic Oceanview Cabin on Enchantment

Can someone give me a review of these cabins? We're booked in one in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there was a noise problem from the atrium below. I understand it directly overlooks the atrium and all its happenings below. Having second thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:50 AM
First Mate

Hi There - Not sure what you're references. Enchantment (from my last sailing) did not have any cabins that viewed into the centrum of the ship; those are really only on the voyager-class, freedom-class and oasis-class ships. If it says "oceanview" in the description of your cabin, this would mean you have a port-hold (circular window) facing the ocean. You shouldn't have any concern over noise or otherwise. Hope that helps.
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Familiar Face

I believe you are referring to the Promenade view cabins with windows facing the inside. However, there none on the Enchantment. These cabins are on the Voyager, Explorer, Adventurer, Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis and Allure of the Seas.

Here is what the inside of the cabin looks like on the Voyager of the Seas ...

View of the Royal Promenade from the cabin ...

Here is a view of promenade view cabins from the Royal Promenade ...

Old November 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
First Mate

They added 16 Panoramic Ocean view cabins last time she went into dry dock. I haven't sailed in one but have read reviews on another site and everyone was pleased with the rooms, but say that music from the Centrum can be heard until 9-10pm ish. I wasn't aware they overlooked the Centrum, IIRC there is a dividing wall separating them....?
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Captain

Talking Panoramic Ocean View Cabins

These cabins are where public areas used to be (Library, Future Cruises, Concierge Lounge, etc.) The name comes from the fact that they left the floor-to-ceiling windows in place, so you get great views of the ocean. The cabins are also larger tban a "standard" ocean view.

We have one of these cabins for our b2b2b cruises on Grandeur in January.
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:59 AM
First Mate

That makes sense. I just pulled up the photo on Royal's website, I see now what this is referring to. I bet the view from these are pretty nice. Almost worth the price saving from a balcony.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Familiar Face

Just returned from the cruise I questioned the room about. Yes, the room is larger and new, the noise was unbearable. Why they have to have a dance band in the Centrum is beyond me. The band played until midnight. To make matters worse, there are speakers all around on each floor along the railing. Wall between railing and cabins does no good because the fire doors at the end need to be kept open. We complained after the first night, asking if they could lower the volume. Was told to call that evening if it was still bad. Called at 11:45 and guest services person could hardly hear me. It may be just the Enchantment that has these parties in the Centrum, but it was every night. With the help of the Diamond Concierge and our stateroom attendant, we got our cabin changed. However, another person we met got ear plugs from guest services!
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:40 PM
First Mate

Exclamation Larger panoramic ocean view

I will be in a "Larger Panoramic Ocean View" on the Navigator when it comes out of drydock. It will be on deck 12 where part of the track circled the spa area. They will be floor to ceiling windows facing the ocean and should not be near any music. I think some of the similar rooms on other ships are on decks 7 or 8, but this is on 12 which should be nice.
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Captain

Talking Panoramic Ocean View Cabins

We were in one of these cabins (8039) on Grandeur for 28 days beginning January 11. When they did the "refurb" of the ship, they put in a wall between the cabins and the Centrum. Cabin 8037 is opposite the door leading to the Centrum area, so I can see where there might be some sound coming from a band, etc. The same is true of the first POV cabins on both decks 7 and 8.

It's a bit confusing as you walk down the hallway, and see cabins numbered 8036, 8038, 8040, then hit the short hallway where the POV cabins are, and the numbers go 8037, 8039, 8041, 8043, then resume with 8042. On more than one occasion had people stand in our short hallway and ask "where are we, and where is our cabin"?

The cabin was great - it's approximately 50 sq. ft. larger than a "standard" ocean view, and it costs a little more, but the extra space and floor-to-ceiling windows make up for the higher price. We have booked the same cabin category (F) for our b2b2b cruises on Grandeur in January 2015.

Incidentally, when we sailed from Baltimore on the second of the three cruises, we had 4" of snow on the deck........