Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Q. about formal night on cruise

Years ago we sailed on Disney and skipped formal night because we were pooped. Plus we hadn't planned for it at all.

We're sailing on RCCL in Aug. and have a second shot at it. While I can get a gown at our very upscale Good Will for $25 -- I see that RCCL rents tuxedos to men for $90. Ouch.

If I want to include my two boys in the evening, I'm assuming a kid-tux is $50 or $60. Just guessing.

Do you happen to have a creative, "out of the box" idea for not spending a fortune on formal wear that will never be worn again? (My boys are 11 and will be bigger by September.)

Thank you for any and all ideas!!

Alley
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2014, 03:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

No need to spend a lot of dollars on kids formal wear, just a nice pair of pants and shirt will do fine for them...Even some kids enjoy getting dressed up once in awhile...

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 22nd, 2014, 06:19 AM
Captain

Exclamation Formal Nights on Cruise

If your husband has a dark suit, he will be fine. You see fewer and fewer men in a tux these days. I wear one, but that's my preference. If you cruise infrequently, don't bother to buy one, and $90 to rent one is pretty steep. What Donna says about the boys attire is spot on.