Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Suite Perks

We are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas next April and booked a Grand Suite.
I read the list of suite added benefits but am wondering what benefits you actually experience on the ship. Is the suite worth the extra expense? Any ifo would be appreciated. Mike
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Admiral

I think yes. DW and I have stayed in Grand Suites and above several times. On the RCI website there is a enhanced program section that describes some of the perks. You get Gold sea pass card recognition. You have access to Concierge club. Special Dining room for breakfast for Suite guests only. Preferred seating in the main dining room and theater. Preferred embark and debarkation. You don't have to hassle the long lines getting on and off the ship. Complementary gifts delivered to your Suite. On one cruise we received two bottles of wine one red and one white. We have never sailed on the Liberty but we have sailed on the Freedom three times and the Independence twice. RCI make sure that their Suite guests (as well as their other guests) are well taken care of. I believe it is worth the extra money.
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Admiral

I don't recall a dedicated dining room for suite guest breakfast, but they normally will have either Chops or Portofino open for seating of Gold Card guests at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch - this means you don't have to scout for a table amongst the huddled masses.

Beyond that, it is mostly valuable for the Concierge Club and concierge services, reserved seating area near the pools and at the main theater and ice rink. Being able to have full meal service in your suite is nice too. You can order from a full menu for breakfast, lunch, or dinner whenever the main dining room is open and not have to settle for the normal limited room service menu.

If you are a Diamond Plus member the enhanced suite perks seem less worth it though, since you get Concierge Club access anyway. And really, Diamond members have the Diamond Lounge which offers pretty much the same things as Concierge. So then it comes down to the special seating areas and priority tender access. Pinnacle Club level get a Gold Card no matter their cabin category, but most people are never going to reach that level.

Even though I am a D+ member I often book a JS or GS just because I like the larger cabin and bathroom, and the double cruise points.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Yes I have seen the reserved seating in the windjammer. There is also private seating for Suite guests. On our last couple of cruises it was in the chops grille. The Gold colored card indicates Suite guests. This does not include Jr. Suites. The Jr. Suite has a Silver card. All other cabins are Blue cards. To get into the Suite guest dining you have to show your card and the host/hostess will check your card against a list of all Suite guests. It's much more personal and your breakfast is cooked to order. Very nice touch.
Old August 16th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
I don't recall a dedicated dining room for suite guest breakfast, but they normally will have either Chops or Portofino open for seating of Gold Card guests at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch - this means you don't have to scout for a table amongst the huddled masses.
Chops or Portofino IS A DEDICATED DINING ROOM. This statement makes no sense. Is it me reading it wrong or are you trying to say something else. confused.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Familiar Face

Yes, I believe it is worth it! Only problem is they spoiled me so much on our last cruise that now I only want to cruise it a suite! Enjoy the cruise!

RCI Adventure 3/2016
RCI Grandeur 5/2014
RCI Jewel 5/2013
RCI Serenade 7/2011
RCI Enchantment 5/2010
RCI Grandeur 5/2009
RCI Independence 1/2009
RCI Explorer 1/2007
Old September 10th, 2014, 03:22 PM
First Mate

Grand Suites are very nice; they are roomy and have lots of storage space. You will get special invites to cocktail parties, priority tender boarding, concierge will print your airline boarding passes when you go home. Liberty of the Seas has a concierge lounge for suite guests; chops is located by the Windjammer; and suite guests can get their food from Windjammer and eat in Chops for lunch and dinner. Concierge will make specialty dining reservations; spa appt, help with shore excursions. I really like the perks.

Next Up NCL Jade
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Also when you first arrive in your Suite there will be some paperwork on the livingroom table with a list of all your suite perks. Don't worry about missing any of your perks they will be outlined for you. The freebies that you get from your Ultimate Value Booklet are now automatically downloaded to your Seapass card. You will also have paperwork in your Suite telling you what those perks are. Whenever you use your seapass card onboard the person that checks you out will see all of your perks on their cash register. Really nice touch.
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Captain

If you can afford a "suite" then by all means, go for it. We had done our first Grand Suite on our Transatlantic and absolutely loved it. The service, the perks, the behind the scenes tours, the concierge lounge, special seating at shows; the list goes on and on. In fact, we booked out next upcoming cruise in another Grand Suite for our 25th anniversary coming up in 38 days
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012