Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default For the first time TEEN cruiser; would he enjoy Eastern Or Western Caribbean cruise..

Hey guys. First off I wanna point out I'll be 15 years old when I'll be sailing on the MS Allure of the Seas in August 2015. Now we have a choice: go on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise, or go on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise, both departing from Fort Lauderdale in Florida. The former option takes me to Nassau, Bahamas (Atlantis looks really fun), Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas -and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. The latter option takes me to Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico.

I have never been on a cruise before, and I'm into snorkeling, any water activities such as water parks, fishing and boating; and anything else fun and thrilling and adrenaline inducing and just exciting in general.

Also, would a Disney cruise be more fun for teens and kids? I mean Allure is great and all but I want to know if it has teen activities; maybe even places where I can make new friends on board. Or is the whole ship just for adult relaxation? I haven't heard of any teens/kids going on Allure...
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Western Caribbean is likely going to make you happier than the Eastern run. The western run has the best snorkeling and water experiences.
Old August 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Congrats on your first cruise! I don't think Eastern or Western will make the difference for you, but you have chosen a great ship from what I hear. those larger Royal Caribbean ships have so much to do onboard, especially for healthy young energetic people like yourself. I'm too old and decrepit myself to enjoy them, so I don't book 'em.
I have not been on Allure, but rest assured there will be a teen only area with lots of activities available, and most ships have special teen dances and club time. Have a great time!

donna
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I would go with the Western route. There is more beach time and water sports, plus Labadee is a great beach day.

I agree with Donna, Allure will be a great ship for you. There will be lots to do and more activity.

Whichever you choose you will have a good time.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Western would be best for you. Because you have the second largest barrier reef to explore and a snorkelers dream to explore. Also the other stops have great water sports to do.
The Allure of the Seas is going to be so much fun for you, with the rock climbing, surfing, ice skating, 21 swimming pools, carousel, donut and ice cream parlour on the boardwalk, pets at sea, and all the shows, etc. And a kids club that will have you wanting to cruise again and again.
Enjoy and let us know how you get on.
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Hey - we have an active teen cruisers section here:

Teen Cruisers - CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums
Old August 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A

You will have a blast where ever you go. I would definitely continue to go to the teen group activities. My sons all enjoyed them. They met people from all over the world and when they got home they were able to play playstation with them from afar and keep intouch.

You will have a great time!!

Linda A
Old August 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you everyone for your replies! The information really helped me. And thank you for the link to the active teens forum, I'll be posting there from now on. Can't wait for Summer 2015...
Old August 21st, 2014, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I just know you will love Allure of the Seas, should be plenty of teens onboard and yes, there are lots of activities for kids your age....You have to try the zip line and the flow rider, lots of fun, even to just watch.

Message Boards Moderator