Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Mariner of the Seas Refurbishments

I am sailing on the Mariner of the Seas out of Dubai on April 22, 2018. After my cruise, Mariner of the Seas is going into dry dock for a major refurbishment. I just received an email from the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society Member Director regarding my cruise. In addition to providing some information about the Crown and Anchor benefits, they said:

"Lastly, we will be getting a head start on Marinerís makeover, so you may encounter some work underway on the last voyage before arriving in Barcelona. While this should not impact your vacation, we wanted to make sure you are aware of our plans.

Our staff will do their best to accommodate you while onboard, and if normal operations are affected, we'll make sure you know as soon as possible via detailed in-stateroom communications. In the meantime, you can visit our Crown & Anchor Society website to review your member benefits. Thank you for your understanding."

At the time I made my reservations, I had done some research and according to Royal Caribbean's website, Mariner was supposed to be refurbished in 2017 so I had no idea this was going to be going on during my cruise. After seeing the recent news stories about the Norwegian Sun, I have some real concerns about the "head start" they will be getting on the refurbishment.

Has anyone had any experiences with this type of work on a cruise?
Sponsored Links