Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Complimentary Seabourn Cruises.

Iamboatman, can you please outline the latest "rules" for the Seabourn Complimentary cruises? I think the first one is acheived after sailing 140 days. I have already taken advantage of that one and was lucky enough to qualify while it was still a 2 week freebie! Now I believe its only one week. What is the next milestone? And....is there only one more milestone to acheive?

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Hi Granny:

You earn one free week in the same category of suite you most cruise in for every 140 days. There are no limitations on the cruise you take, with the possible exception of Maiden Voyages. You vest after the cruise, so if you are close segmenting a long cruise so that the second or third leg is free is a possibility.

But also know that Seabourn is revamping its Past Passenger Program. I cannot say what the new benefits will be (they will probably be, knowing Seabourn, the best in the industry) or when it will roll out, but rest assured this one week for every 140 days of cruising shall remain.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I checked the Seabourn website yesterday and saw that there is a 2 week Comp after 250 days...thats the one I was wondering if it still existed.....I will reach that one during our next cruise.....so another 2 weeks freebie coming up!!! (unless they change it before then ) Where should I go next? We will also get our "200 day Tiffany pin" on the next one....somewhere around Crete!! Not that I am getting excited or anything...its just that at my age I may as well get excited now in case I fall off my perch before I get there!

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Seabourn is not going to change it. The fall out from the last change was enough IMHO.
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamboatman View Post
Seabourn is not going to change it. The fall out from the last change was enough IMHO.
Yes,I heard that they lost two guests to Silversea.
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Familiar Face

By the way, Boatman, I see you have some really great "Private Sale" Seabourn specials on your web site. I have been looking for an Asian cruise.

What kinds of offers are out there for single cruisers on those specials you have listed?

Seabourn 1995 - Carnival Elation 1996 - Sea Princess 1998 - Crystal Harmony 1998 - Grand Princess 1998 - Holland America Ryndam 1999 - Renaissance 2000 Oceania 2002 - Carnival Conquest 2004 - Pride of America 2005 - Emerald Princess 2006 - Crsytal Serenity June 2008
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

The Private Sale pricing (which is available through only an extremely few agents) is a great opportunity for those who have never tried Seabourn to give it a whirl and for those that love Seabourn to pick up an extra cruise.

For the 15 day cruise on the Seabourn Spirit from Singapore to Cairns, Australia on February 3, 2011, the price for double occupancy in an Oceanview Guarantee is $3,999 + tax. For a single occupancy it is about $6,998 + tax...which is about what you would expect to pay for double occupancy.
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Granny...

I did an article about cruise line loyalty programs in 2009 and at the time Holland America had not yet refined theirs...

I contacted them for details on their plan and the only reply I got said "go to the World's Leading Cruise Lines web site and see what it says there."

Well, you know both HAL and Seabourn are in the WLCL family, and at the site it said "any special privileges you get at one cruise line are transferrable to all the cruise lines in the WLCL family."

Well, they have since changed that, but I wrote "if you have cruised 200 days on Holland America you are technically qualified for a free 7-day cruise on Seabourn - but don't expect to get it."

I only wrote what the web site said, and I even said "don't expect to get the cruise." - but Holland America contacted me real soon and said "can you please change that - we are getting a lot of calls."
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Actually, the free cruise on Seabourn specifically is for a cruise in the suite you most frequently sail in; not in World's Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival owned cruise lines) cabins.

What that referred to was only Past Passenger Pricing; something that has pretty much disappeared. But if Seabourn does reinstate Past Passenger Pricing then WLCL past passengers are entitled to that benefit. I have had it applied many times.

I am still awaiting news on the revamped Seabourn past guest program. What I hear is that it is going to be very good.
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Boatman - how is the private sail of Seabourn going?

Do things generally slow down over Christmas - or do you find that things just keep going.

Will therre usually be a big bump in January like most cruise lines?
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Hi Paul,

To tell you the truth, I am on vacation in Lake Tahoe, California, but have been working on new cruise bookings literally every day!

Seabourn's Private Sale pricing (which I am only one of a few travel agents that have those prices) have allowed some of my clients to get some incredible deals on segments of the Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise, for example.

One thing I have noticed is that many of Seabourn's normally fared cruises are getting pretty booked up, so I am spending a good bit of time looking for alternative dates to find some of the lower category suites. (Remember, Seabourn is going to increase prices on 40-50 cruises on January 1, 2011!)

What do I think is going to happen in January? If it keeps going like it has over the last couple of weeks, I will be very happy...and so will Seabourn be!