Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Questions for Winner

Winner....

I would love to ask you some questions:

1. What do (did) you like best about Seabourn?

2. Did you try other similar cruise lines?

3. Did you prefer the "small ships?"

4. Do you feel the big ships still deliver the same Seabourn style?

5. Food - has it gotten better or worse in last four years?
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:39 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up

1.SERVICE! (far and away the best at sea) I always find familiar faces whether staff, crew or passengers when I board--it is as if I am returning home.)

2.I have sailed Silversea, Cunard (not recently but when it was true luxury), Regent and Crystal, as well as many other lines.

3. I have sailed on all six ships but preferred the size and intimacy of the "little sisters". Of necessity I will be sailing on the larger ships after May 2015. The larger ships have more space per passenger and great public spaces as well as more dining options.

4. Yes.

5. I have always liked the food aboard Seabourn, preferring some chefs over others. My favorite shore excursion is "Shopping with the Chef" and enjoying his purchases in following days. One can always special order (24-hour notice) any favorite foods and it will be served.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Thank you Winner - I did not get a notice you had answered (not sure why). I summarized what you said below.

Quote:
SERVICE! (far and away the best at sea) I always find familiar faces whether staff, crew or passengers when I board--it is as if I am returning home.)

Quote:
I have sailed Silversea, Cunard (not recently but when it was true luxury), Regent and Crystal, as well as many other lines.

Quote:
3. Did you prefer the "small ships?"
I have sailed on all six ships but preferred the size and intimacy of the "little sisters". Of necessity I will be sailing on the larger ships after May 2015. The larger ships have more space per passenger and great public spaces as well as more dining options.

Quote:
4. Do you feel the big ships still deliver the same Seabourn style?
Yes.

Quote:
I have always liked the food aboard Seabourn, preferring some chefs over others. My favorite shore excursion is "Shopping with the Chef" and enjoying his purchases in following days. One can always special order (24-hour notice) any favorite foods and it will be served.

I would like to follow up with you below if that is Okay - I really appreciate you doing this:
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

SERVICE! (far and away the best at sea) I always find familiar faces whether staff, crew or passengers when I board--it is as if I am returning home.)

You mention service and friendly faces. It sounds like you know a lot of fellow Seabourn regulars so you tend to find guests you have sailed with before. I agree, that makes a cruise much more fun.

You also mention service: which staff-members do you interact with the most? Obviously you believe they have the friendliest staff anywhere; but are you referring to the waiters, the room stewardesses, the entertainers, the cruise director? With whom do you interact the most?

Are you one of Seabourn's famous "trivia nuts?"

I have sailed Silversea, Cunard (not recently but when it was true luxury), Regent and Crystal, as well as many other lines.

This is VERY interesting - what do you see as the main differentiation with Seabourn that makes it your favorite? In my mind Crystal has far more activities, more lectures, movies, arts & crafts. All of the other cruise lines offer butlers, Silversea with every suite. This was a big difference for me (Seabourn has no butlers - but if you are not familiar with the advantages of having one I suspect you won't miss him) Regent includes shore tours in their cruises (but the cruises cost more, of course). Are things like butlers and more activities amenities that do not matter to you?

It sounds like you maybe tend to stay on ship, that you are happy with what they provide and that you probably just find the people on Seabourn to be the friendliest and that is important to you. Does that sound about right?

Did you prefer the "small ships?"
I have sailed on all six ships but preferred the size and intimacy of the "little sisters". Of necessity I will be sailing on the larger ships after May 2015. The larger ships have more space per passenger and great public spaces as well as more dining options.

So, you obviously feel as good about the bigger ships, although you preferred the smaller ones. Would you consider trying a switch to Windstar to sail on those same smaller ships? (Windstar bought those ships and is already sailing the "Windstar Pride".)

I have always liked the food aboard Seabourn, preferring some chefs over others. My favorite shore excursion is "Shopping with the Chef" and enjoying his purchases in following days. One can always special order (24-hour notice) any favorite foods and it will be served.

What are some of your favorite Seabourn dishes? of course, you know all of the other luxury cruise lines will also do the same 24-hour request service. Do you prefer the main dining room, or the top deck buffet-like area?