Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise Companion-World and long Cruises

I am a single female, looking for a companion to share cabin costs. Retired early to travel for the past 10 years. Never shared a cabin with a stranger before, so I hesitated to post this.

I prefer cruises not less than 14 days.
I will try 7 day Carib Cruise to test compatibility though.

I am quiet, independent, but friendly.Some call me "refined". But I disagree--I have too much fun enjoying life to be stuffy. I would be taking active shore excursions, sometimes independent ventures out. We can go separate ways. Don't like clingy. You can be female or perhaps male. But if male, must have no interest in romance. I truly enjoy the company of my gay male friends.

Currently looking at HAL's January 2011 World Cruise, first leg may be sold out though,. As a past HAL passenger, I now get free laundry--you would too I think. I like Princess too.
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Familiar Face

Default 62 swf looking for cruisemate

I am a very young, single 62 year old, straight, professional woman looking for someone to share the cost. I have booked two 7 night back to back Celebrity cruises on the Summit out of San Juan, Puerto Rico to the Caribbean. The first cruise leaves on March 19th and the second leaves on March 26th. I would prefer the same person for both cruises. The islands are totally different each week. I currently have a balcony room booked, but that can be changed. That decision has to be made by the last week of December.

Here are links to each cruise:

Show Cruise Information

Show Cruise Information

You can reach me directly at Lynneb2013@yahoo.com

Lynne
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolduffy View Post
I am a single female, looking for a companion to share cabin costs. Retired early to travel for the past 10 years. Never shared a cabin with a stranger before, so I hesitated to post this.

I am quiet, independent, but friendly.Some call me "refined". But I disagree--I have too much fun enjoying life to be stuffy. I would be taking active shore excursions, sometimes independent ventures out. We can go separate ways. Don't like clingy. You can be female or perhaps male. But if male, must have no interest in romance. I truly enjoy the company of my gay male friends.

Currently looking at HAL's January 2011 World Cruise, first leg may be sold out though,. As a past HAL passenger, I now get free laundry--you would too I think. I like Princess too.
Hi Carol,
This may interest you, let me know.
I'd like to book a 46 day cruise on Sun Princess departing 3 May 2011. Check it out.
I live in Australia and could be your host pre or post cruise.
If interested we will fill in the blanks later. If not then "Bon Voyage".
Seymour
xann50@yahoo.com.au
Old December 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Lynn,

I am new to using Cruisemate. I tried to email you directly but it did not go through.
Interested in the two Carib cruises you mentioned

Carol
Old December 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Carol,

The reason that I gave my yahoo e:mail is because I have trouble navigating this site also. I still need a cruise mate for the two 7 night cruises. I'd love to hear from you. E:mail me directly outside of this site so that we can communicate. I'm Lynneb2013 at yahoo.com

Lynne
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Long Cruise details

Hi there,
I just read your thread. I am a retired professional lady and I am looking for someone for a 14 day cruise to Hawaii or a 28 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti in 2012. I think they are both out of San Diego or Los Angeles. I am very easy going and just want someone to eat with and perhaps do tours. I like to swim and see new places. I do not smoke or drink but like to go to the shows and/or evening dances.
I live on the east coast so it would be a full day for me to get to the port.
If you are interested drop me a note and we can chat.
Take care and Happy New Year.
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:02 AM
Welcome Newcomer

What Line?
Carol
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:06 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Chris,
I lived in Hawaii for years and just spend 3 months there returning Oct. 2010. But you will love the itinerary.

Carol
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:11 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Long Cruise

I would be very interested in a long cruise, I would also like to go to NZ and Austrailia, Holland American has some that include all out of the west coast. I also have recently retired and would like to see it all!

shirleyj999@hotmail.com
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Seymour,

Looked at the cruise. I have not yet sen any of the ports listed after Cochin. But I am booking a 30 HAL SA Cruise for 4/17. Your cruise would conflict. I would like to know about you. Do you live in Perth. If you'd like email me directly-- carolanduffy@hotmail.com--We can chat.

Carol
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default 25 days to Australia 10/30/11

I'm looking at the Zaandam,that leaves from SD on 10/31/11.
Anyone interested ? Would like to share with female ( friendship only) or straight male. My plans are open after I get to Australia. I lived in Sydney for a year and two years in Perth.
Ed 63 non smoker from Rhode Island.
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Longer Cruises

For more info on the Zaandam cruise, please check Fast Deal # 11218.
I would also consider the 30 day RotterdamVI leaving on 1/4/12 Fast deal # 28590.
Happy New Year !
quahog03@cox.net
Ed
Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Carol,

I am also looking for a cruise mate for longer cruises. I am a 63 year young straight SWF who just retired and am itching to see the world. I have cruised before--to Africa, Austrailia, Mexico, and the Caribbian, but haven't seen the greater part of this world yet. My goal is to cruise in order to identify areas that I might like to go back to and spend a little more time there. I would be interested in going on a short cruise with you, to see if we might be compatible for a longer journey. Please contact me and let me know if this might be possible.
Old January 15th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Familiar Face

Hi - I am 61 and basically the same - I like long cruises, retired at 55 and have been traveling alone ever since! I like meeting new people but like to be independent as well. Price sounds like it might be a factor. Email me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. Ciao.
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Familiar Face

hey ChrisD - I also live on East Coast (Florida) - am 61 - love to travel and normally go by myself but with cruise supplements, I am also looking for a cruise companion that I can get in touch with or go with on interesting cruises. Please email me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net.
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Familiar Face

I am interested in round-the-world out of Sydney on 5/20/2013 for 104 days on the Sun Princess. Would you care to be a cabin mate with a mature (54) male professional?
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:

Carolduffy, seen your request and thought we may join, to see part of the world on a cruise ship.

I'm looking at 75 nights (9/21/12-12/5/12) out of Seattle, Wa. on Holland America back to San Diego, Vacations To Go: trip # 10495 @ $10999. + taxes, visas and etc. and then San Diego 31 (12/5/12-1/5/13) days to Ft. Lauderdale for $2499. + extras, trip # 10259. For total of 106 days. around $15K = Approx. $142. per day.

Also, out of San Diego to Hawaii (R/T) (3/4/13-3/22/13), with Celebrity 18 days with hotel stay & shuttle, to & from hotel - dock for Approx. $1199. + extras.

Let me know one way or the other, please.

Jim
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Familiar Face

Default round the world

I am seeking cruise mate(s) for round-the-world out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days. carleyoungjr@att.net facebook: Carl Young (Jay)
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Familiar Face

I am interested in cabin mate(s) for round-the-world out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days. carleyoungjr@att.net facebook: Carl Young (Jay)
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Familiar Face

I am interested in round-the-world cruise out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days. carleyoungjr@att.net facebook: Carl Young (Jay)
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Familiar Face

I am from RI also and looking for cabin mate for a longer cruise.
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:

I am looking for someone to share a 21 day cruise from Dubai to Rome on 29 Apr 2013 if you might be interested.
Old September 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carols OLD post

Hey guys, Carol D. posted 2 years ago. Start new posts.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Familiar Face

Hi, Carol:

Have you found a travel companion? I'm 65, recently retired Mental Health Professional.
46 Cruises so far. Love Greek Islands, HI and Mexico. Would like to see Istanbul, Lisbon.
Know my way around Athens (and a good hotel). I'm dynamic, independent, also "refined"
I guess. I like Crafts, Eating locally, Antiques, Art, the Production Shows on Cruises, etc.

I don't go on cruises of less than 12 days (but can't do a world cruise). Married,
husband prefers to stay home with the dog.

SusieStone
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to liketotravel

I have booked a Celebrity repositioning cruise leaving from Miami on May 5 to Amsterdam. I am open to another cruise to Norway and the Nordic countries after this cruise.

People over 60 can travel by train to anyplace in Belgium and Holland for $7. It would be fun to see Bruges and Antwerp and possibly Brussels.

I live in Alexandria, Va but currently am in Lyon France and will come back to the states with a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami leaving on Nov. 7.

It would be nice to have someone share the cabin with me and other activities if they wish.

Helen Anderson helenanderson11@hotmail.com
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Seriously people. Look at posting dates (in upper left corner of a post).
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

My dad is healthy 85 years old who still bicycles regularly wants to go to a round trip to Hawaii from Los Angeles in Jan 13. Princess/Golden Princess leaves on Jan 2 and 16, Princess/Sapphire Princess on Jan 19. My dad is a Korean American and retired UMC minister. He loves to budget travel. Currently inside room rate is $902 that is what he budgeted for.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, I'm 53, female, widow and would like to go on this world cruise. Please email me: ralmaehlert@msn.com
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

Saw your post. It is 3 years old but checking to see if you did your world cruise. That one on HAL is high on my bucket list. I too enjoy longer cruises and would love to find that special person that is compatible and can help cut the expense.

I am retired 72 yo gentleman that love to travel.

Love to hear your experiences with sharing a cabin.

Bob
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi
I am an Aussie and have booked on Celebrity Solstice Sydney to Hawaii on the 8th April - Sydney to Hawaii via French Polynesia. I am also considering a Hawaiian Island cruise either Honolulu to Honolulu or Honolulu, islands to Ensenda in Mexico. I am 66, a non-smoker and social drinker. Like to explore, laugh and have fun. My email is jnnfr@bigpond.com
Cheers
Jennifer