Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Familiar Face

Default Transpacific cruise-Van to Syd

Hello
Looking for a female roommate who is interested in sharing a cabin on the Holland American cruise . There is a 22day one on Oct.1 or a 24day one on Sept.26. I'm a 33 year old female in a relationship and never been on a cruise. I'm moving to Australia and not a fan of flying so thought I would try out cruising.
:-)
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Familiar Face

The approx. price for the cruise leaving Sept.24(24 days) is $1,697/per person for an ocean-view room. For some reason an interior room is more at $1,793/per person. The cruise leaving on Oct.1(22 days) is $1,797/per person for an interior room.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, I have a similar idea, but am going the other direction. I will be finishing up 2 years of living in Indonesia and am trying to head to California. The Holland America line fits my days and locations- but I am planning on starting in Singapore. If you had a partner from Singapore to Sydney it would be a bit cheaper. I am a 31 year old female (I have cruised when I was younger- but have had a very different travel style since then)- Still trying to work out if I am traveling alone, have one person traveling with me or two, let me know if you are potentially interested.
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default To OZ

Excellent pricing. I just want to caution you about Hollands exceptionally old passenger base on longer cruises. Expect the average age way over 70.A floating nursing home. I experienced it several yrs. ago.Walkers, scouters all over . I was in my 60s, among youngest on ship. Not one passenger spoke to me in 14 days. No lie.It will be same for you on this long voyage. Princess, Royal Caribbean and I think Celebrity also repo at thiis time.Give alternatives some consideration at your age.
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:29 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for responding! I kind of given up on this whole cruise thing. So you say its more of a nursing home. I honestly don't mind chatting with older people and hearing their stories but maybe I should just bite the bullet and fly. I think cruising to Singapore and then down to Sydney would be too long for me. If I were to cruise it would be either from Vancouver, San Francisco or LA. I'm still thinking about it. I thought the days would go by fast but if no one is talking to you I guess it would drag on.