Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Ladies Only 60+ Post Here

This is a STICKY message that will always be at the top - for as long as you are seeking a cruise companion leave your post up here. If you want to cancel just edit your post to change your plans.

Single ladies 60+ years - please post here with the following information:
  • When you wish to cruise
  • Where you hope to go
  • How long a cruise you want to share
  • Your ideal roommate
  • Personal details about you other people should know
  • Any other details (favorite cruise line, what you expect to spend, etc.)
There is no need to post email addresses or phone numbers. People can contact you through private messages by clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner and selecting "send a private message to [Screename]".

If there is a post here that does not belong then click on the button in the upper corner of the post called "report a post" (to the right of the word "permalink") and tell us if it contains remarks that don't belong here.

Please don't use this board for chit-chat. There are other boards for that. Only use this thread to post specifics about yourself and the cruise you want to share if you are a single lady 60 or older.

For a fast way to find this board look on our front page for this link (underlined in red in the picture below) in the middle/right hand column:

This is now a sticky thread. Please read carefully and if you have a problem re-read from the top.

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Familiar Face

For cruise in 2013 on Diamond Princess from Anchorage to Singapore- 32 nights.
I will be booking an accessible cabin.
I am very friendly with a lot of international travel history, speak 6 languages, clean non-smoker, prefer first dining, very organized, like theater, reading, food, and good conversation.
I bring a small scooter to move around.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Familiar Face

I am booked in an ocean view stateroom on Celebrity Summit Jan 19-26, 2013. I will be cruising with the 17th Annual "Get Out of the Cold" group cruise hosted by my travel agent sister and her husband. The group rate is $596.47 for this Category 7 Ocean View cabin; which includes port fees and taxes. This is a 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise embarking from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Any details, including payments, can be handled by my sister as you choose, if we decide to share the stateroom. ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel - Home
All details of this cruise can be found at her website (or in general at Celebrity's site) . Look for Hosted Cruise 2013 in the above link.

I am neat and clean. I'm a non drinker, but I do smoke. I will not smoke in the cabin. I am sometimes quietly up in the night and use a small flashlight to least affect my room-mate. I hope my roomy will feel comfortable to discuss any differences. I have cruised with this group every other year over the past 8 or 9 years, and want to make the very most of my travel experience. I'm sure my room-mate would want the same.

I hope to share some time and activities with my roomy, but also feel free to enjoy the cruise as each chooses. I enjoy shore tours of island highlights. My spending will be modest. My sister often invites group members to join them at a beach for the day with snorkeling, etc. Other activities might be arranged and are always optional. We share a taxi or walk.
I play some card games, Scrabble, and others. I very much enjoy visiting with people from anywhere and everywhere.
Since my sister and her family prefer late dining, I usually do late dining also, but would be happy to change to early dining.
Most group members will be from S. MN, but this cruise is open to everyone.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Beach Belle

Hi,

I'm also interested in a long South Pacific cruise. I'm 63, retired, nonsmoker, social drinker, neat, and able to go whenever. Live in South Florida. Keep me in mind.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Beach Belle

Hi,

I'm also interested in a long South Pacific cruise. I'm 63, retired, nonsmoker, social drinker, neat, and able to go whenever. Live in South Florida. Keep me in mind.
Old July 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Familiar Face

Would you join me? Please write me a private message if yes
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Dave Koz 2012

Was reading about ladies wanting a cabin mate on this cruise and lost the thread!
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default funandfriendly

I am planning a three to six month travel itinerary. I am focusing on trans Atlantic and Europe for now. Would like to leave after March 2013.I plan to see the Mediterranean ,Egypt and possibly fit in Denmark area.open to many itineraries. I am travel wise and have traveled through much of Europe. I will intersperse with land itineraries. If there is anyone interested in sharing any of these segments please contact me.i have cruised princess and royal Caribbean lines and am open to other options.
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Seek cabin mate Holland America Alaska 8/4/12

Seek cabin mate for Alaska cruise Seattle round trip on August 4 on Holland America. Prefer like minded female to share.
Active 60 female prefer like minded female. I am a straight medium energy who has done this cruise and interested to do again. Base is $799. If interested, please email
angelstouch_99@yahoo.com
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm not 60+. I'm 52. I'm traveling to the Eastern Caribbean on 21-28 October 2012 and looking for a female cabin mate to share expenses. It is a Freedom of Seas ship.

Thanks,

Melodie
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I wish I could get it together this fast, but I can't. I am going to try for the Sept. 17 cruise.
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 60+ female seeks roommate for Carnival Cruise

The Fantasy ship leaving from Charleston to the Bahamas. July 21-26.

I am a non-smoking, healthy, social drinker. Will be accompanying a large group but would like to reduce my costs by sharing room costs.

Reply and we can discuss details!
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Familiar Face

The cruise I mentioned to you is full. Maybe next time
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Anyone interested in this cruise

Highlights:
New ship to set sail in 2012!
Dine on delicious cuisine at the main dining room or celebrate a special event at the steakhouse.
Overhanging scenic Jacuzzi tubs, Carnival Waterworks, and Cloud 9 Spa.
Past guests of Carnival enjoyed the entertainment and children's program.

Cruise Itinerary:

Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure

1 Barcelona, Spain --- 5:00 p.m.

2 Monte Carlo, Monaco 9:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.

3 Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy 7:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.

4 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 7:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m.

5 Naples, Italy 7:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.

6 At Sea --- ---

7 Dubrovnik, Croatia 7:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m.

8 Venice, Italy 2:00 p.m. ---

9 Venice, Italy --- 7:00 p.m.

10 At Sea --- ---

11 Messina, Sicily 7:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

12 At Sea --- ---

13 Barcelona, Spain 5:00 a.m. ---

click to enlarge

Your Package Includes:

Your package includes shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, fabulous entertainment and daily activities, on-board meals and some beverages. It does not include shore excursions, personal expenses, gratuities, or alcoholic beverages. Government fees and taxes are not included.

SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE. THANKS. I DOM T ALWAYS GET MESSAGES FROM HERE
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Constellation TRANSATLANTIC 11/30/12 15N F share$499!!

Older N/S ladies who can book/pay this week for best TA deal ever!! Southhampden, LeHarve, Lisbon, Tennerife(Canaries), Miami.Great getaway, beautiful ship at 7N Caribbean CCL prices.I am active Senior, many cruises. Love Celebrity food,a few cocktails, lectures,swimming.Prefer experienced cruiser. AIR SPECIALS RT include JFK-$630. IAH $760. LAX $780.MIA $460.I get this deal as Elite X cruiser.You would book directly with my cruise agent.Any questions to him also. pLEASE RESPOND BY eMAIL ZONCOM35@YAHOO.COM

Last edited by aspengal; July 30th, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:19 PM
Familiar Face

When is trip
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default South America Cruises

I am looking for one or two people interested in going on the Carnival South American cruise. The first one leaves Los Angeles on February 5th. The second leaves on February 20th.

The cruise is very reasonable and I want to do all of the cruises if I can. My cabin mate does not have to do both but can if they wish.

Please email me privately because I do not always get notice that messages have been posted.

Thanks

Maddashin
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM
First Mate

Default Planning ahead

Is anyone else out there interested in a river cruise, Budapest to Bucharest?

River cruises are never cheap, and this one typically runs around $3K per passenger for only 11 days; but it's on my yet-to-do list. My point is that real bargains pop up usually last minute, and by then it's too late to find a partner. I just got a flyer from Viking that lists this trip for two dates in November, relatively reasonable price AND air from Boston or a bunch of other places is only $299, which makes the whole package really attractive. I can't go this year because I'll be on a transatlantic then; but it would be great to find someone to do it with if this kind of deal pops up again next year.
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Familiar Face

Wink

I have booked a fabulous 30 day cruise beginning Sept 17 in Barcelona to the Black Sea and Holy Lands including Egypt-21 ports! ending in Rome Oct 17. Half would be $3000, that is less than $100 a day!

I am a 3 star Mariner so upgrade is very likely. I booked outside G level cabin Ms Prisendam, Holland America, holds 780 passengers. I get some nice perks I can share!

I am non-smoker (well you can't smoke on the ship), active but not a jock-type widowed woman who is interested in cultures and cuisines (I write about them), gardening, gourmet cooking, and the world.

I am a seasoned traveler having been to 71 countries thus far including numerous times to many in SE Asia, Asia and Europe. I am respectful of other people, outgoing but not in your face and like to listen, enjoy the diversity of the world. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area-was born in Ohio but came west at age 4.

Here is the itinerary of the cruise:
0 Barcelona, Spain
1 At Sea
2 At Sea
3 Gythion, Greece
4 Cruising The Dardanelles
4 At Sea (Sea of Marmara)
4 Istanbul, Turkey
5 Istanbul, Turkey
6 At Sea
7 Sochi, Russia
8 Trabzon, Turkey
9 Sinop, Turkey
10 Sevastopol, Ukraine
11 Varna, Bulgaria
12 Scenic cruising Bosporus
12 Cruising The Sea of Marmaris
12 Cruising The Dardanelles
13 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
14 Piraeus (Athens), Greece
15 At Sea
16 Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt
17 Port Said, Egypt
18 Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel
19 Haifa, Israel
20 At Sea
21 Antalya, Turkey
22 Marmaris, Turkey
23 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
24 At Sea
25 Katakolon, Greece
26 Kerkira, Corfu, Greece
27 Korcula, Croatia
28 Brindisi, Italy
29 At Sea
30 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

After reading this I bet you want to join me?!
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyballgirl52 View Post
I'm not 60+. I'm 52. I'm traveling to the Eastern Caribbean on 21-28 October 2012 and looking for a female cabin mate to share expenses. It is a Freedom of Seas ship.

Thanks,

Melodie
Hi Melodie. Did you find anyone yet? I don't think I like this LADIES 60+ thing, but I guess if they think we need our own classification.....

They should probably add categories like "Men 50+ looking for a good time post here" or "Headbangers post here" or "partiers looking for fun post here."

Don't understand this, but anyway I'm interested in taking a cruise ASAP, like in August or September to the Caribbean. Leaving out of SJ is very expensive for me, but any other ports? Where does this one leave from?
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Funand Friendly,
I might be able to join you on one of your segments in March. Please e-mail me with your itineraries and I will let you know if I can join you. I'm 68 yrs. old, married, but my husband doesn't like to cruise. I would like a cruise about 10 days and would prefer a balcony if possible. I am fun and friendly also and am a non-smoker, non-drinker, but I don't have a problem with someone who is a social drinker.
Dove
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Sistersolo,
Keep me in mind.I can't go on a cruise, either, until the first of next year. You can e-mail me when you find a good deal. I am 68 yrs. old, non-smoker and non-drinker, but I don't have a problem with someone who is a social drinker and I like to have fun.
Dove
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Close to Port Canaveral

I am a 59 yr old female in Palm Bay, close to Port Canaveral, Florida. Looking for another female to share an outside cabin on a 3-4 night cruise to the Bahamas. I do not smoke or drink and mainly want to go to do some photography. I do not snore and am clean. I also will respect your space. We don't have to be joined at the hip, as I will probably be off on my own, doing photography...unless you enjoy that as well. I more than likely probably won't go to any of the formal dinners.

I'm also open to other options, so don't be afraid to ask, but not looking to share with a male. My travel dates are WIDE OPEN!

I would like to go before Oct. 1st as that is when my daughter is moving here.

Email me here: mharo@cfl.rr.com

Photo:
Old August 21st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Just to be clear - I started this thread because senior ladies complained they were having a hard time finding one another in here.

Posts tend to get buried - especially when people start off-topic discussions in them. And ladies looking for cruise mates would lose track of their original posts and friends. So we put them all together in this one sticky post.

It seems to be working - so I ask you not to respond to this specific post, or to make off-topic remarks in here. I will delete this note soon (and if I forget Private message me).

No - you do not HAVE to be 60+ to post here, but we prefer that you be a lady looking for another lady to cruise with, and that you be willing to cruise with ladies 60+.

Old August 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default looking for companion for future cruises

I'm 53, female and retired. My best buddy, with whom I have been cruising for the last 15+ years, is no longer able to travel, unless she brings her 2 year-old granddaughter. So, I'm in search of a new cruise partner.

I'm interested in anything from a short 3-4 day cruise to the Bahamas - all the way to a world cruise. (I would want us to try one or two shorter cruises first, just to be sure we're a good fit.)

I'm fairly fit, but I don't do super active excursions like zip lines, scuba or rock climbing. But I'm also perfectly happy for my roomie to go off and do those things on her own. I would like to have a fairly consistent dinner companion, though I enjoy anytime dining and joining other groups for variety and meeting new people.

I don't smoke. I drink wine with dinner on some nights.

I am Platinum on Princess. I have also cruised with Royal Caribbean. I'm open to other cruise lines, particularly if you are at a level that affords us some extras.

I enjoy reading, playing cards, crochet, Bingo, cooking classes, conversation, history, historical sites, museums, markets, gorgeous views and laughter.

In my work life, I was in higher education administration. I also served as an alcohol & drug counselor and provided marriage and family counseling. In my retirement, I try very hard not to administer anything or counsel anyone. But obviously, I would prefer to travel with someone who does not have issues with alcohol or drugs and is fairly stable and low key.

If you think we might travel well together, please send me a private message.

Thanks!
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am interested in going on a South American 30 day trip out of San Francisco leaving Dec 5th 2012 ending in Buenos Aires Argentina. Price is just under $3000.

Can you do these dates and does outh America interest you?
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for cabinmate for Thanksgiving Cruise

Hi,
I am planning a Thanksgiving cruise out of New Orleans and would like to share a cabin. I am a clean, nonsmoiker. I do not want to be attached at the hip, enjoy adventurous activities outdoors, and spend a good bit of time alone. I simply don't want to pay the double price, so would like to share the cabin. Please email me if you are interested.
Ellen
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Familiar Face

You can join me on this cruise:
Sept 17 Barcelona
Oct 1 Athens
Oct 17 Rome-I just added 2 more weeks on Ms Prisendam!

anyone interested?
Old September 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyaSophia View Post
I'm 53, female and retired. My best buddy, with whom I have been cruising for the last 15+ years, is no longer able to travel, unless she brings her 2 year-old granddaughter. So, I'm in search of a new cruise partner.

I'm interested in anything from a short 3-4 day cruise to the Bahamas - all the way to a world cruise. (I would want us to try one or two shorter cruises first, just to be sure we're a good fit.)

I'm fairly fit, but I don't do super active excursions like zip lines, scuba or rock climbing. But I'm also perfectly happy for my roomie to go off and do those things on her own. I would like to have a fairly consistent dinner companion, though I enjoy anytime dining and joining other groups for variety and meeting new people.

I don't smoke. I drink wine with dinner on some nights.

I am Platinum on Princess. I have also cruised with Royal Caribbean. I'm open to other cruise lines, particularly if you are at a level that affords us some extras.

I enjoy reading, playing cards, crochet, Bingo, cooking classes, conversation, history, historical sites, museums, markets, gorgeous views and laughter.

In my work life, I was in higher education administration. I also served as an alcohol & drug counselor and provided marriage and family counseling. In my retirement, I try very hard not to administer anything or counsel anyone. But obviously, I would prefer to travel with someone who does not have issues with alcohol or drugs and is fairly stable and low key.

If you think we might travel well together, please send me a private message.

Thanks!
HI, I`m Wiscelia; I live in Orlando and I want to book an 8 day exotic Caribbean on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, so I will be on board for Halloween. It sails on Oct. 27. It`s only $369 for each of us at senior rate. I don`t smoke and only drink on occasion. I love dancing and participating in ship activities. I don`t snore and I don`t like to get up at the crack of Dawn but I don`t go to bed too late either. I am respectful of our Privacy and do not bring anyone else to the cabin. I am not looking for hanky panky. I am 62 and retired but my mind is lots younger than my bod. I pack on the light side but I like to dress well and I like to eat either in the dining room or the Lido, whichever has better food and or service. I don`t eat late. I love the nightly shows and Kareoke and I love to dance. I am not a gambler. all these I`s at the beginning of my sentences are just to show you my personality; Fun and games, laughter and a good time without excess is my nature. I don`t think I`ve ever met a stranger. PLease let me know if you want to go and share this cruise with me. I recently lost my husband and I need to get away.
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Familiar Face

1 Long Beach (Los Angeles), California --- 4:30 p.m.

2 At Sea --- ---

3 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

4 At Sea --- ---

5 At Sea --- ---

6 Huatulco, Mexico 7:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

7 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 11:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

8 At Sea --- ---

9 Cross The Equator --- ---

10 Manta, Ecuador 5:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m.

11 At Sea --- ---

12 At Sea --- ---

13 Callao (Lima), Peru 6:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.

14 At Sea --- ---

15 Arica, Chile 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

16 At Sea --- ---

17 At Sea --- ---

18 Valparaiso (Santiago), Chile 6:00 a.m. ---