Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Familiar Face

Default Room mate matching program

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the Royal Caribbean Cruises offer these Single share room mate matching program. If so do you know a site that I can go through to book this. I'm looking into maybe taking a cruise from Honolulu to Sydney for Sept.24(17 days). Any help would be great

Im also looking into Holland America Cruises from Vancouver to Sydney, I've noticed that they do offer the program but I hear its hard to book and I don't know how to go about it
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Familiar Face

I do not think any cruise lines offer this service. lawsuits potential. If there were such program, they wouldn't be much profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetooz View Post
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the Royal Caribbean Cruises offer these Single share room mate matching program. If so do you know a site that I can go through to book this. I'm looking into maybe taking a cruise from Honolulu to Sydney for Sept.24(17 days). Any help would be great

Im also looking into Holland America Cruises from Vancouver to Sydney, I've noticed that they do offer the program but I hear its hard to book and I don't know how to go about it
Old August 14th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Captain

Holland had it on 2 ships last I checked though it's risky to use. You are required to pay book price for a single travelor, then if they find you a match you will be rebooked at current prices.

When I looked: 35 day trip 3400 double price, 6000 single, 8000 through match program. If you do it early I guess you could pay deposit and cancel if they dont find a match.

Best bet is to find a roommate through this site or others. You can book through any travel agent and they will split the cost and send documents to both parties.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default HAL Beware

I investigated HALs share program several yrs. ago due to their excellent long itins.I reached a sympathetic agent who really explained the program as a giant RIPOFF, as OP has said. She said I may end up as a caretaker for an elderly female. Families have been known to use the share as a service for relatives who still love to cruise. Since then I went on a 14N HAL inCaribbean. It was filled with elderly cruisers most over 75. The longer the cruise the older the cruisers. Food was geared towards this age group, awful. Go with a younger focused cruise line. Both Royal and Celebrity go over to Australia and back. I am planning on Celebrity Solstice 2013 Fall with a lady I met on this site. We will book later as fares come down.Both have a more diverse passenger base.Keep posting on this site for CruiseMate.
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Vacations to go singles cruises have a matching program, same sex
21 Princess

"You may have less scars, but I'll have better stories"

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!