Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Passenger

Default Dunn's River's falls or Mayan ruin's and MB ATV

as i read more post i think that it willbe too much of a hassle totake the kids on either one of these tours ( 6 and almost 3 ) so help me . tell me which one is a don't miss and what you liked and did not like about each place. i think we can go one day and leave them on the ship for 7 hours. we are taking them to the pirate ship in GC and we wanted to do the ATV's in Montego Bay. anone been on this tour?

carnival conquest 9/2003

carnival conquest 12/2007

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Conquest 9 / 2003

Carnival Conquest 12/9/2007

Carnival Triumph 12/7/2009
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Nikkita - you have a couple of options. Dunns River Falls, one of you could climb the falls if you wished while the other one walks with the kiddos alongside the falls, lots of people do this because they want to see the beauty of the falls but the climb is a bit much for them. It doesn't take too long and the kids will be oohing, aahing and laughing at the people.
Mayan Ruins, definately a Not Do with little ones. The most family friendly thing to do in Cozumel would be to spend a couple of hours at Channunkaab National Park - nice clean beach,& facilities, you can do a little snorkeling, there is a replica of the ruins to explore, aquarium its a very family friendly place.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to starpro

Hi There!

I was just at Dunns River and it's excellent and gorgeous! The walk up the falls is not safe in my opinion for kids, but walking on land would be a great experience for them. It's by far the most gorgeous falls I've ever seen and was well worth the trip. The vendors at the top - SKIP THEM! High hassle! Everyone wants a tip in Jamaica so be careful. They'll offer to take your photo and then want money for it. The list goes on and on. If you can push through this....it's worth the trip. Hope this helps.
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dunn's Falls

When in Jamaica, we hired a person call Peat Taylor. He is on line. He gave us a great tour--brought us to Dunn's River Falls--brought us on a real fun and safe River Tubing ride.

My favorite excursion of all time.