Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Beginner

Default Port Canaveral shuttle or taxi to Kennedy SC?

Hello....Could someone advise if there are shuttles or taxi's to the Kennedy Space Center from the Port Canaveral Cruise Docks? We can purchase admission on line for $75.00 less than the NCL Excursion. We
are traveling in 2/09.
Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Admiral

I would suggest googling for a taxi company in Canaveral and asking them about time and cost. Also, arrangement pick up times both ways.
Marty
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Depending on where you are going after KSC. If you are going on to the airport you might consider renting a car or Van for a day or two.
Taxi's from KSC to Orlando are probably about 60USD. You can easily rent a car for that price. That doesn't even include the cost of the taxi to KSC.
If you have luggage , where are going to store it?

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Admiral

I think we have some confusion here. Are you looking to do Kennedy before/after the cruise or as an excursion while on the cruise. I assumed one, someone else assumed the other. Makes a big difference in your options.
Marty
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydozer
Depending on where you are going after KSC. If you are going on to the airport you might consider renting a car or Van for a day or two.
Taxi's from KSC to Orlando are probably about 60USD. You can easily rent a car for that price. That doesn't even include the cost of the taxi to KSC.
If you have luggage , where are going to store it?

I assumed post cruise. If during cruise it would be better to use the RCI shuttle/tour.

If precruise my answer would also apply.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Beginner

Sorry for the confusion and thanx for the questions. We'll (2 of us) be taking an excursion from the Majesty, and will be sailing from Port Canaveral that evening. We would like to take either a taxi or local shuttle from the Port to KSC.
Any info on were to find a taxi or shuttle stand (as we have seen in almost every other port) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx again for the help !
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to where you could pick up a shuttle or cab unless you get to the port early enough to hit the pick up area for the passengers disembarking from the previous sailing. And, your luggage may be an issue.
Also, check out timing. You don't want to miss the ship!
Marty
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpete
Sorry for the confusion and thanx for the questions. We'll (2 of us) be taking an excursion from the Majesty, and will be sailing from Port Canaveral that evening. We would like to take either a taxi or local shuttle from the Port to KSC.
Any info on were to find a taxi or shuttle stand (as we have seen in almost every other port) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx again for the help !
Your time to visit KSC will be limited. A schedule to KSC before embarkation

is very tight

1 - you have embark about two hours before sailing.

2 - They don't accept luggage until all the other luggage is unloade
(approx 11AM)

3 - It's a good 45 minutes to KSC same back (1.5 hrs)

This based on cruise on Mariner in Jan 08

Ships Sailed:

Old February 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Familiar Face

duckpete, it sounds like we're on the same Cruise!

The itinerary for my Norwegian Majesty cruise (MY FIRST CRUISE! HOORAY!) states that we will be in Cape Canaveral from 8 am to 10 pm. The ship excursion costs $72 but as far as I can tell, the tickets at Kennedy are $35. I was trying to find out how much transportation on our own would cost. I was also trying to find out if there is anything interesting right by the ship.
Old February 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zightlight
duckpete, it sounds like we're on the same Cruise!

The itinerary for my Norwegian Majesty cruise (MY FIRST CRUISE! HOORAY!) states that we will be in Cape Canaveral from 8 am to 10 pm. The ship excursion costs $72 but as far as I can tell, the tickets at Kennedy are $35. I was trying to find out how much transportation on our own would cost. I was also trying to find out if there is anything interesting right by the ship.
There is nothing major close to Port Canaveral . The port is on an island

that extends south for many miles. I can't remember but I think there is a

trolley goes around Cocoa Beach , I don't remember if it goes to the

port.

Ships Sailed:

Old February 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks, doopydozer! We'll definitely plan on an excursion away from the ship. I'm still trying to find information about transportation to Kennedy if we decide to do it on our own.
Old February 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Admiral

The ships excursion might sound high but it really depends on the tour you are getting. When comparing tour costs be sure to compare exact tours because there are many different ones offered if you go on your own plus your transportation. It is 23 miles/30 minutes from the port.

Check this website out for transportation, scroll down to the transportation part.
http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/visit-us-faqs.aspx

I tried the cruise port site but got more info on the space coast site.
space-coast.com.

They list many shuttles that go to KSC. We have used the Cocoa Beach Shuttle but Art's is popular also.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Familiar Face

On my ship the excursion is $72 per person. We want the "basic" ticket at Kennedy, which costs $38 per person. If we can find reliable transportation for less than $68 for the two of us, we'll be doing better. And if my parents decide to join us at Kennedy, it would be twice that.

I'm definitely choosing the ship excurious at one of our other ports of call, but for Kennedy, I thought it might be better to foot it on our own, especially since the ship will be in port until 10 pm and we plan to be back on the ship long before that.

I'm still trying to decide on a Freeport, Bahamas excursion.