Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Tubing and zip line with Action Boys Belize

Just got back home from our Carnival Cruise. This was our second cruise to the Western Caribbean and it was the best. We did a combination of the cave tubing and zip line with “Action Boys Belize” . There were 27 of us in our group. We had 3 tour guides that were with us. Donald was the lead guide. He is a warehouse of knowledge. After Donald spoke for half an hour I was thinking that there was nothing else to say. David got the mic and started with Indian History and on he went. When we got to the site there was a long line. Donald stopped the group and told us that we will be passing the line, and just follow him and all will be just fine. We did as instructed. We walked to the front of the line. We were assisted with our gears and headed to the first platform. We had two experts that were assigned to us ( Donald worked this out ). They were kind and very polite. The zipping was a blast!

After the zip line we started our hike through the rain forest. As we hiked Donald did presentation on Medicinal Plants, Indian Culture, and Cave Systems. When we got to the cave entrance Donald gave instructions on what to and not to do. They formed a chain with the kids and Donald towed them whilst David towed the adults. Edward was a back-up guide. The tubing lasted an hour or so. After the tubing we headed to the City. Donald told us that we can add the Zoo to the day's activities with no extra cost. All we need to do was pay our entrance fees. This was nothing to debate on, so we went for the tour of the zoo since we had a lot of time. The tour

of the zoo lasted 40 minutes. We then continued to the City. We had lunch at a local restaurant. Rice, bean, and chicken was our lunch and it was good too. We were then taken back to the terminal to board our tender.

We had a great time in Belize. Thanks to Donald Ramirez and his team ( Action Boys Belize ). Just to pass this on, Action Boys Belize is made up of tour guides who came together to offer visitors to Belize their services at the lowest rates possible. They were all employed with the larger companies who do tours for the cruise lines. Their services are of high standard and doesn't cost mush We got a group discount of $85.00 for the zip line and tubing.

Highly recommended
Beris Gentle and group
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Was there any risk of you missing your ship? I am leading a large group and would like to book this excursion, but we don't want to be at risk.
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Familiar Face

There was no risk in missing our ship. These guys are great. No standing line and we were their VIP for the day. actionboysbelize.com is the way to go.
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you very much, Gentleone. I just booked our group. Got a great discount and I go free as the group leader.

Thanks for sharing.

G.
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Belize cave tubing and zip line with don Ramirez

Thank you very much again for your information. Our group had a great time. Donald was not able to do the cave part of the tour, but it was till fun. David our cave guide was very informative and careful with the kids. Thank you very much for sharing this experience. action Boys Belize.com are the real deal. Highly recommended

G
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Familiar Face

Nice to know you had fun.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Altun Ha and Cave Tubing

We will be docking in Belize City on the 6th of July and we are interested in Altun ha ruins and cave tubing. Has any one done this tour with actionboysbelize.com? What was it like?
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Altun Ha and Cave Tubing

I don't see this tour on their website, but I saw it here:ziplinebelize.bravehost.com
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Altun Ha and Cave Tubing with action Boys Belize

Guys, sorry for taking so long to return to the forum to share my shore excursion experience with you. I have to start off by saying thank you for sharing your information with us. I have no regrets booking through these guys. I requested David as our guide and he is indeed a cool guy to spend the day with. My family had a great time and were impressed with the way they had things organized for us. We had a private van and private tour guide too. We felt like V.I.P. Every thing went really good as you described in your reviews.

I say thank you again for sharing.

E.
U.S.A
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Familiar Face

Nice to know you had a good time.
Old November 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cave Tubing, Zip Line, and Altun Ha Ruins

I am cruising for the first time on the NCL Spirit with a stop in Belize City. I am considering booking cave tubing, zip line, and altunha ruins. When I called their number they mentioned that it is possible to do.
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Just got back home after a great cruise! I am soooooooo glad that you guys mention about this company. We did cave tubing, zip line, and altun ha ruins and it was fun. Our tour guide was Rand and this guide knows his way around. There was no standing in line nor waiting. Randy made our day in Belize. Loved it. We recommend actionboysbelize.com for a great time.

Marv
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Zip line and cave rafting

has any one done the zip line and cave rafting with them. I would like to know what it was like.

Thank you

Glea
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Familiar Face

Zip line and cave rafting and cave tubing and zip line is the same tour.
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you very much. Hope to have as much fun as you did.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Amazing Visit To Lamanai Mayan Ruins

So happy that we used Action Boys Belize for our tour! They met us promptly at the pier. We arrived on a Carnival cruise & had only 8 hours in this port. Off to Lamanai, about a 2hr 30 min drive r/t & 1 hr r/t boat ride to get to the ruins. We 1st walked through a forest were we saw 2 wild monkeys! The ruins were breathtaking, They managed to get us their before a large group of people arrived, so we climbed to the top, just the 3 of us =D .The lunch provided through Action Boys was the BEST authentic meal we had on our entire cruise & trip..Chicken, rice & beans, plantains, pico de gallo & mashed potatoes-couldn't have asked for more! Try them--they are the BEST!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
Familiar Face

This lamanai tour sounds interesting. Hope to do it when we return to Belize.
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Lamanai Mayan Ruins

Yeah. Lamanai seems interesting.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Belize cave tubing, zip line, and altun ha

Cruising NCL Western Caribbean with a stop in Belize. We just booked a combination of cave tubing, zip line, and altun ha ruins with this company and can't wait. Will share our experience when we return.

De.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

God back home after a fantastic cruise with a stop in Belize. Belize was the highlight of our cruise family had a fun cruise and a blast on our super excursion in Belize. At a point I was thinking that we would not have enough time to do all three tours. Let me tell you, it was the best excursion I have ever been on. Our tour guide was Randy. He was well informed of all details of Belize. At a point it felt like I was back in class. I wish I could find find the right words to explain this experience. All I will say is that Its worth every penny. These guys are indeed the best. I recommend their services.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Deecap, was there a moment when you felt at risk of missing your ship? Were you rushed through the tour? I really want want to book my family, but we don't want to rushed through the tour.
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Ginga, there were no risks. It was a fantastic tour. There is nothing to worry about. When we were dropped off at the cruise port we had time to do some shopping.

G
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for your help. I will be back to share our moments in Belize with these guys. Can't wait
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Familiar Face

Hi, Ginga. How did your excursion go?
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Belize Shore Excursions

Our shore excursion was amazing. Thank you for recommending this company.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Familiar Face

You are welcome, Ginga.
Old May 30th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Nice to know you had an amazing time, Ginga.
Old July 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We used Shore Excursioneer Belize Excursion and actually got to cave tube and zip line in private areas so it was not crowded at all. All the other tours go to the same places! This was great! We felt we really got our money worth for!