Old January 17th, 2005, 04:21 PM
shall

Default Hotels in Vancouver

Any help or suggestions as to hotels (affordable) close to cruise docks. We will be there on a Sat. night with a Sunday boarding in late May.
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotels in Vancouver

Priceline is the way to go in Vancouver- consistant excellent awards and the lowest price.
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I have been trying for a few weeks with priceline. We are trying to get 8/13/05. I do have reservations just in case at the Best Western which has downtown drop off and pier drop off as well. We are taking the train from Seattle
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Passenger

When logging into priceline do you say downtown Vancouver
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Lexi

Default Re: Re: Hotels in Vancouver

I am specifically using the downtown Vancouver area for 3 star hotel. So foar no goes. I have gone to aobut $75. Right Now we have the BestWestern Downtown for $159 CAD not sure what that equals out too.
Lexi
Old January 26th, 2005, 06:00 PM
shall

We booked into Days Inn, 921 Pender St., downtown Vancouver. It was $111.00 for a double bed, 2 people. They are 2 blocks from pier and they will take you to the terminal. I didn't want to wait any longer as some of the other hotels that were close had already filled up. Might try there to see what deal you can get. Our travel agent said she had a client that just got back from there and he said he wouldn't hesitate to tell someone to stay there.
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Priceline is the way to go. I tried for a 3 star hotel at $60. They came back and said if I uped it by $17. they have aplace for me. I bid $80. and got a 4 star Hyatt Regency. On their website the rooms go for $246.
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I just got the residence by mariott for $74. The have a nice indoor pool and free breakfast. Not sure how close it is from the RCI pier.
Lexi
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Hotels in Vancouver

lexi

as of today your hotel rate would be $128.32. i found the exchange at a site called '' universal currancy converter''. i hope this helps. dusty

Old January 30th, 2005, 03:33 PM
shall

I have tried Priceline for 3 and 4 stars and have gone up to $80. They say they have no rooms for that price. What time of they year are all of you going that you got the good rates from Priceline? We will be there the end of May on a Saturday night.
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Shall, we stayed at the Days Inn in 2002 and it was fine. Not elegant, but OK. Close to pier and Robson Street. Shuttle service to pier. Met our needs.
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Passenger

hi: we are booked at this hotel also. When are you going. we are on Dawn Princess 5-16-05. Any input about this hotel.
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Yeoman

Sorry no specific info on Days Inn, but I can say it is a chain that is basic, budget, but known as being clean and decent.
Old January 31st, 2005, 05:20 PM
shall

We will be going on the Ryndam on May 29. So we will spend Sat. night at the Days Inn. Our TA told us a client of hers had stayed there (he booked it himself) and he said he wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to stay there. That is why we decided to book there plus they have shuttle to cruise terminal. They are only 2 blocks from there so you'll be able to see some of the downtown area also.
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:16 PM
belle

We have booked a room at the ramada inn for 2 nights ............price was $125.00 can for 4 ppl. Which i didn't think was to bad. We booked in Sept.2004 for this trip. belle
Old February 1st, 2005, 05:34 PM
Pink

A couple of months ago I booked 4 star Hyatt through Priceline for latter part of August for $64. Started at $50 and they said add $14 and that's what I got.
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:29 PM
belle

by the way our price was foue ppl on the 20th of May,,,,,,,still thought was a good price
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Passenger

I have been trying to get a hotel with Priceline for the last 4 weeks & have not had any luck. I need a room for two nights in July (prime season) and kept adding $$$ to my bid as well as expanding my area for a hotel. I went onto HotWire yesterday morning & requested all of the areas in Vancouver. I wound up getting the Hyatt Regency Downtown which they have listed as a 4* for $99.00 per night. I am very satisfied with this price.
Old February 15th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Passenger

I got that hotel for June 1 night from Hotwire for 94
Old February 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Beginner

a group of us are registered at the St. Regis Hotel in Vancouver www.stregishotel.com
call TA Cruise Connections in vancouver at 1-800-661-9283 ext. 406, John, they negotiate reduced rates with this hotel and others in Vancouver, their rate for the St. Regis is $103. CDN for a standard room with breakfast.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:36 PM
lgwilson

Default Train from Seattle to Vancouver??

CruzNLexi, can you give me some more info on the train ride from Seattle to Vancouver? Also, I am booked on the Seranade of the Seas by Royal Caribbean in June and would love any advice or input from ANYONE on the ship itself, or shore excursions etc.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Train from Seattle to Vancouver??

i'm just wondering what's the cancellation policy of priceline...is it the sam as if i booked it directly with the hotel?
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
lgwilson

Default Re: Re: Train from Seattle to Vancouver??

No, once you book with priceline - it's yours whether you utilize it or not. No refund that I know of.
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Passenger

priceline does not allow me to specify 3 people in a room.
Would it be a problem after I got the room and call the hotel to ask for 2 double beds?
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:54 AM
lgwilson

No you can call the hotel direct and request it. You are not guaranteed 2 double beds for sure, but I have done it serval times with no problem. It is only difficult when the hotel is booked up and all of the double rooms have been taken. Even then you can get a roll away bed. DOn't fall for the trap of having to pay a surcharge to guarantee a double bed room, just tell them what you want upon check in.
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Passenger

i got a room from priceline at sandman downtown for $75..
the problem is we will be three people in the room but when i called the hotel they told me that what they have available only for that day is one double bed...and they don't have rollouts..
i am forced to make a reservation thru them directly for another room at 122 Cad...

- i took the cancellation insurance from priceline, will it be a problem cancelling it if i invent any reason
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
lgwilson

I have never canceled a room that I booked from priceline so I don't know. I do know that at one hotel, they told me over the phone that they couldn't give me a double bed room ahead of time unless I paid an extra fee, but when I checked in and requested the double bed they gave it to me with no problem. Not sure what to do if the hotel is all booked up.
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Hotels in Vancouver

thanks...
i tried cancelling it, but they told me unless there is a divine intervention there is no way i can cancel it..

maybe i'll just do what you did and see if i can get a double bed room once i get there...anyhow, i still made the reservation for another room...
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Delores

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency 9/2002. It has very nice, large rooms. I got it for $50 or $60, but that was late in the season. It's only a short taxi ride to the pier.
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
mslvp

The Hyatt Regency is very nice. My family stayed there a few years ago, pre cruise. I stayed a couple of blocks away at a wonderful boutique hotel that I just loved. Can't recall the name of it but it ran over $200US a night backthen. I was able to get it at about $75 because I'm a travel agent.

I joined my family for breakfast the morning before we cruised - the hotel wouldn't hear of my paying for the "free" breakfast the room came with. My aunt's 2 room suite was beautiful. Didn't see the regular 1Q bed room my cousins had. They also had a nice pool area the kids used the afternoon they arrived. Due to a computer crash, no one could check into the hotel - couldn't access their reservation system for hours, but they gave everyone vouchers for drinks & appetizers at a nearby restaurant (or maybe in the hotel, I don't recall) plus a free bottle of champagne for each room, followed by special desserts-again, not sure if the desserts were in a local restaurant or what.

I just LOVE Vancouver. Been there twice, each time for one day only & I'd like to spend a good 3-4 days there alone. And, take one day to go to Victoria Is.

Have fun.