Old July 7th, 2002, 03:48 PM
First Mate

Default what are your favorite things about Celebrity?

Hey guys....

I think I will be sailing on Celebrity next year and was just wonderign what yuor favorite thinga about htis cruiseline were...thanks!

Jamie
Old July 7th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: what are your favorite things about Celebrity?

For me it's the food...seems to be just a touch above the others...and the cabins are either bigger or just designed to feel that way.....
Old July 7th, 2002, 06:07 PM
melaniausa

I think the crew has a big impact on your cruise. The service is fantastic and the crew members are always very pleasant and always trying to please the passengers. You will not go wrong by sailing Celebrity.
Old July 7th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Benjamin Smith

For me it is the creation of an overall ambiance and environment that feels nostalgic. With this are things like the minimal announcement policy, polite and fairly unobtrusive service. Also ships tend to be well kept and clean, and overall, fairly quiet.
Old July 8th, 2002, 10:27 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: what are your favorite things about Celebrity?

Overall service levels seem to be very good to excellent. The level of service that Celebrity offers at an affordable price is excellent. You expect high levels of service on Crystal or other "high end" lines, but for the money you can't beat Celebrity. Attitude of staff members has been very good to excellent on all the Celebrity ships we have sailed . Thats what keeps us coming back over the years. We are currently booked on Celebrity to Alaska in 2003 and Trans-Atlantic for 2003.

Celebrity is not perfect, but they do a great job at a very fair price.
Old July 8th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Of the mainstream cruiselines, Celebrity reliably receives high marks for food and service. They also have a policy of keeping announcements to a minimum.

If you're on a Millennium class ship, the alternative restaurants are terrific.

Overall, they deliver a very high-quality product at a reasonable price.

And then there are the "swan thingees."

Old July 8th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Admiral

I think the food and the service on Celebrity are top notch. Millenium was our first cruise experience, and it was better than we ever dreamed it could be. We will try the Infinity in April.
Phyll
Old July 8th, 2002, 09:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: what are your favorite things about Celebrity?

The Food, The service, and last but not least . My favorite thing about a celebrity cruise is me being on a celebrity cruise.
Old July 10th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Admiral

I agree with all of the above: an overall ambiance and environment that feels nostalgic. With this are things like the minimal announcement policy, polite and fairly unobtrusive service. Also ships tend to be well kept and clean, and overall, fairly quiet. Food and service are usually top notch. Entertainment has improved and the time in port is usually generous. Our cabins have always been ample from a regular outside to a regualr balcony. The spas and gyms offer great services and the Thallostherapy Pools are to die for. Give Celebrity a try. They are not for everyone as you will be treated as an adult. The staff aims to please but not to entertain.
Bon Voyage
Old July 10th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tinytim

no announcements!
Old July 13th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Seabee

I'd like to say "No Carnies" but alas I fear 'tis no longer true! Still, besides all of the above, I love the formality however fleeting it may be.
Old July 31st, 2002, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just don't pick The Galaxy. We've been on the Horizon and Century. Both fabulous. Galaxy is a pretty ship but food was mediocre and the service was adequate at best. We heard that ship is slipping, right from several of the officers on the cruise we took. But the Century was fantastic, as was the Horizon. Beautiful ships, great excursions, fabulous food, perfect cruising. We just came back from the Galaxy and it sure wasn't the same experience, sadly. If you can, check out the Adventure of the Sea, a Royal Caribbean ship (which owns Celebrity). We saw it in Port, it was gorgeous and we heard from many of their passengers it was incredible - food, rooms, entertainment, stuff to do, you name it. I think we'll be checking that out next year. It's also a brand new ship so it's very streamline looking - but it is enormous!
Sailing on the Galaxy out of Baltimore was a bit rocky because you spend some time in the Atlantic Ocean versus leaving from Florida or Caribbean waters where it is calmer. Captain even came on one night and told women it was best not to wear heels to dinner - so that should tell you how rocky it was initially. Once we got into the Caribbean waters it was smooth sailing and we felt nothing, but there were a lot of people looking for sea sick pills before!
Hope this helps.
Old August 7th, 2002, 12:48 AM
~Jill~

I think celebrity is a great cruiseline! Really elegant and not for a bad price! I sailed on Celebrity in april and had a wonderful time! The food and entertainment is great. Its different then other lines, when you get an icecream cone they actually take the cone and do it for ya! They even bring your food back from the buffet! Its great! I think you should defintly give celebrity a try!