Old June 20th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Inspiration????

hello. Looking for vacation ideas and I've been researching the Inspiration. Everything sounded promising until I started reading the member reviews. 3 of the last 4 were quite uncomplimentary. Anyone been on the inspiration in the last year and liked it?????

thanks for your help.
Old June 20th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have not been on the Inspiration. However, I've been on older ships and new ones. A cruise is what you make of it. If you know it's an older ship going into it you'll be much happier. They all basically have the same activities so to me it doesn't matter whether the ship is brand new or not. I haven't read the reviews you are talking about but remember when reading reviews everyone is different and what is unacceptable to one person is no big deal to another. Just keep an open mind when reading them.
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I cruised the Inspiration last August (for the second time) and we had a great time!! To date she remains my favorite ship. The staff are wonderful. I wouldn't hestitate to sail her again.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Passenger

We are going on our first cruise on the Inspiration in July, and I researched it quite extensively before we put down the first dollar. I have received quite a bit of positive feedback about the Inspiration. We are not into doing something every single moment on the ship, but just want to relax, enjoy the sights, meet new people, try new dishes and savor the whole experience. I think an older ship is just what we need to start our cruise experience and not have to compete with the huge numbers that are on the newer ships. From the info given to us from various cruise websites about the Inspiration, we expect to have a really great time!
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

of course, you are all right! Sometimes these things just seem SO important! Thanks for helping me keep perspective......happy cruising to all
Old June 21st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Hi, two of my older kids,and their girl friends went on her a few weeks ago on a five day cruise,and they said it was still in EXCELLENT condition!We as a family sailed on her several years ago when she did seven day cruises,and they said it was still in the same condition as the last time they were on it.They brought their mom the daily capers which we ENJOY!! reading,and gave me their page(S) of booze bill I have their capers,so if you have a question.....ask away.