Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Seeking Cruise Companion

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

Old January 13th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Ft Lauderdale or Miami Port >>> Caribbean

First timer.

On a budget.

Dying to go on a Caribbean cruise!!!

I live in NY and would like to travel sometime between ( late ) February - April. If i could pick a cruise line it would be Carnival but i'd be willing to try others. Until today i did not know that cruise lines charge single supplement fees when you travel alone. I am super single, my friends either do not have the vacation time, money or they're scared of boats ( ugh, lol ). I was looking to take a nice break from the cold weather and take some me time. So i am not really looking from someone looking to do a lot of together activities ( I wouldn't mind spending some time together here and there ) If you are looking for some me time as well, we'd be a perfect match.

I came across...
Carnival Conquest Ship Sailing on Sunday, April 10th
Ft Lauderdale (pt Evrglds), Fl. Montego Bay, Jamaica. Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Cozumel, Mexico Dock. Ft Lauderdale
Int $539 Ocean $579

Carnival Sensation Ship Sailing on Monday, March 14th
Miami, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Miami
Int $449 Ocean $489

Cruise preferences-
  • 5+ days
  • Islands interested in: Turks & Caicos, San Juan, Jamaica, Ocho Rios, Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, etc. ( Very Flexible )
  • Inside or Ocean view is fine
  • I would like to stop at as many ports as possible

Willing to work with you.

Old January 13th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Familiar Face

Hey there,
I've been looking at Carnival, leaving from Miami, Feb 8-12 going to Caribbean. I have an airfare voucher I have to use by Feb 18, so that's the latest I can go. The cruise costs about $391 inc tax. I saw Southwest airfare is around $75 bucks each way.

I'm female, in my 40's but still active and like to have fun. Not a smoker or big partier, but will drink socially. I like the activities on the boats. I've done 5 cruises so far, so I can walk you through the process.

If you're interested, please let me know asap!
Old January 14th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA96 View Post
Hey there,
I've been looking at Carnival, leaving from Miami, Feb 8-12 going to Caribbean. I have an airfare voucher I have to use by Feb 18, so that's the latest I can go. The cruise costs about $391 inc tax. I saw Southwest airfare is around $75 bucks each way.

I'm female, in my 40's but still active and like to have fun. Not a smoker or big partier, but will drink socially. I like the activities on the boats. I've done 5 cruises so far, so I can walk you through the process.

Hey, it's a little sooner than i was willing to go but the price is so enticing. I'm just curious which Carnival ship will this be? What ports will the boat be visiting? Do you have a link to it so i can see?
Old January 17th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Crimson View Post
First timer.

On a budget.

I live in NY and would like to travel sometime between ( late ) February - April. If i could pick a cruise line it would be Carnival but i'd be willing to try others. Until today i did not know that cruise lines charge single supplement fees when you travel alone. I am super single, my friends either do not have the vacation time, money or they're scared of boats ( ugh, lol ). I was looking to take a nice break from the cold weather and take some me time. So i am not really looking from someone looking to do a lot of together activities ( I wouldn't mind spending some time together here and there ) If you are looking for some me time as well, we'd be a perfect match.

I came across...
Ft Lauderdale (pt Evrglds), Fl. Montego Bay, Jamaica. Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Cozumel, Mexico Dock. Ft Lauderdale
Int $539 Ocean $579

Int $449 Ocean $489

Cruise preferences-
  • 5+ days
  • Islands interested in: Turks & Caicos, San Juan, Jamaica, Ocho Rios, Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, etc. ( Very Flexible )

I am currently booked on the Carnival Breeze March 12th 2016 8 days, the person that was booked with me can no longer go. If I don't find anyone I will be going solo. I am very independent and have no problem doing things alone so just sharing a cabin is fine with me. I have hotel reservation for the night before and would have no problem with someone splitting the room. If you are interested I can give you any info on me that you need.

Last edited by [email protected]; January 17th, 2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 18th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default cruise partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am currently booked on the Carnival Breeze March 12th 2016 8 days, the person that was booked with me can no longer go. If I don't find anyone I will be going solo. I am very independent and have no problem doing things alone so just sharing a cabin is fine with me. I have hotel reservation for the night before and would have no problem with someone splitting the room. If you are interested I can give you any info on me that you need.
for princess crimson or [email protected], are either of you still looking? I posted earlier today looking for a cabin cruise partner, just someone to help with costs. listed as 3/6 14 day cruise, but i'm open for 8 day plus cruises. Let's talk about dates and cruises if you are interested in sharing part of the costs. Unfortunately, best I've found for a 14 day is $2500 and I don't really want to pay that just for me.
Old January 19th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
[email protected]

I'm interested. How much would my half for the cruise be?
Old January 19th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Familiar Face

I am totally in if you need a roommate. I am in exact position. Very independent and would love to get out of cold. How can i contact you and how much would I owe? March 12 is exactly what I am looking for! I am a teacher and it is the only time I can take off.
Old January 19th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hi, I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA96 View Post
Hey there,

Old January 19th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Interested

Is your cruise all booked? I saw a Bahamas cruise from Miami for 4 nights if interested. I am male 38 years old from Canada.
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
[email protected]

I'm interested. How much would my half for the cruise be?
Since its all paid for if you find the cheapest cabin you can use 1/2 of that price.
If you email or private message me thru cruise mates I will send you any info that you need on me, this way you can see if it will work out for you.
If you have any problems with that post and I will get you my contact info.
Old January 27th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Since I did not get any response for Crimson if you are still interested either post or email me thru cruise mates.
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Familiar Face

crimson. I am a 50 yo former /retired plant manager in the automotive parts industry. I had cancer about 15 years ago which caused longterm issue with my kidneys from the radiation. while I recuperating from the kidney issues I went on 5 cruises last year. The fares for carnival are decent prices but the fairs on celebrity RCCL and NCl are as good. I found a 7 day cruise out of NOLA on the ncl DAWN FOR UNDER 500. I am not a gold level because I have 32 points or days cruising with Carnival. The food is average. Since Im on disability I can travel just about any time. I have used a group called vacations to go. You can find some very decent deals on that site that are usually cheaper then what you can find on orbitz expedia or the cruise lines directly

if you want to see a lot of ports you might also want to start out of San Juan. The cruises are usually on a better ship and can give you a pre or post stay over. PR is a great place. I was only there one day on christmas day and we only had a bout 5 hours when we did a self guide walking tour of the old town. We didn have enough time to the beachers or the zip line.

I am a gay man and am now married. We met almost 19 years agom, got committed in Maui 17 years ago civil united in Vermont at Mt. Killington and with the change in US law we got married with a minister from our chuch in the UCC who we met about 3 years ago when we joined the church.

I grew up in large family and didnt start to travel until I went to college and joined a fraterntiy. About 70% of the members were men of canada and I have visited the falls in on the Canadian side in every month time of day and in every weather condition. I have never visited the us side. We have done hawaii, austrialia, paris and italy, england and ireland and Scotland. We vacation regularly to ptown and ps/vegas

On ship I starting go to the shows or the comemdy shows. In Alaska we didnt do any shows since alaska is a early rise scene or wildlife viewing as you go along the coast or for the one or two stops you have to take a tender to the dock. If I can use Trip Advisor I usually can find things to do on shore excursions that are cheaper or a bigger deal for less money. I learned to preplan for any major vacation so you dont waste time on your vacation decideing what to do

my cell is 260-433-6692. I live in Fort Wayne Indiana. I would either drive or fly down. I have many friends in the nashville and Pcola area and sometimes stop for the night thier. I think most of the cheap flights from Indy is into either FLL or Orlando. I actually like the smaller ports because the ports like jacksonville Port canerveral are small the the local off port parking are great and the port moves around quickly

Carnavel has a lot of kids and since Im married to a teacher I dont think the parents give a damn about their kids missing school. I thank the good load for boats with serenity decks. these are adult only and then you just have to deal with some drunk adults.

Hope to here from you.

Hope you guys are getting dug out. We havent been to NYC since the 9/11 incident. we had flown in and out of boston the week before the hijacking. We lived in SLP mexico when I started up a new plant and we were in Austriala during the Tidal Wave in SE Asia. We also flew on Maylaysai Air and we flew directly over he country when the area was completely devastated. You could see the missing cities and the brown area with all the trees taken down.

I hope you have found someone to join you. If you would be interesed in 7 day cruise for about 500. Let me know. I found it on the Vacation to go website under the single special. it has two different cruise that have very different schedules. One was out of NOLA and the other out of Miami
Old February 12th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hi Princess Crimson. Are you still planning on going on the caribbean cruise?

Quote:
First timer.

On a budget.

I came across...
Int $539 Ocean $579

Int $449 Ocean $489

Cruise preferences-
  • 5+ days

Old February 16th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Yes i am. I already booked. Sorry.