Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Default Just When I Thought My Day Could Not Get Any Worse !!!!

today in New Orleans it is hot and muggy and miserable...As I was coming across the GNO bridge I looked off to my right and saw Carnival's Fantasy docked and it was about 2pm...so I took a small "detour" and headed to the pier, parked and walk over to the park right next to the Pier, purchased a snow ball, had a seat, and just watched the excitement of folks going on their cruise...forgot how hot it was and thought about the upcoming BLOG2NOLA cruise next Feb...looked at my watch and it was 4pm...decided not to go back to the office...put a caribbean CD on in my car and came home

now how am I going to explain this to my boss tomorrow

seeing the Carnival colors and knowing in alittle over 6 months, I would be joining my CruiseMate friends for the first time, made the balance of my day much better
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Must be nice....

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
First Mate

I'm sailing from NO on the Spirit in Jan of 09 and I just cant wait!!!! We are staying at a haunted hotel in the Quarter the night before the cruise...woooohoooo......Just luv New Orleans!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Venice,
We've been known to do the same thing at Port Canaveral.....well, there's nowhere to get a snowball near there but if there were we would!
Angela Z.
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Default Just When I Thought My Day Could Not Get any Worse!

Any worse, Venice? Sounds to me like you found a way to make the day perfect! We used to go to the Long Beach/Los Angeles harbor area and do the same thing. They have fresh sea food shacks there, too, for a great lunch.

Judy
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Admiral

I too do the same thing in Tampa on occasion. It's great fun to get caught up in the excitement with the folks lucky enough to be boarding. (Actually, I even get to board from time to time to work on their computers! That's REALLY nice, especially since I'm allowed to stay aboard and have lunch and wander the ship.
Tell the boss you had a fever. Just don't tell him it was "cruzin' fever.

Ken
"Sky"
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Sky, I have been known to go over to the Port of Tampa just to walk around, Have lunch at Channelside and enjoy the excitement of the people in the area. It makes for a fun day.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Is a snowball the same thing as a snowcone?

I sometimes wonder down to the city dock to look and see the boats that are docked in and around the "harbour". We are anxiously awaiting the Cruise Boat that is supposedly coming our way - the people who have bought it have had a terrible time getting it delivered.

As for the boss - tell him you had temporary amnesia
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

I'm a cruise addict and admit to it.
I love to go goto Channel side and watch the ship undock. the whistle, the people waving, then I shed a tear... I want to go!
some times I can time it right to watch the Inspiration sail under the Skyway bridge.
Carole 8)

Hey, Laura, lets meet for lunch at the Channel side!! Give me a call
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Venice, just tell your boss you had a heat related illness. When you think about it, it's the truth. We all suffer from it from time to time. Caribbean sun stroke! The Rx is a cold beer and listening to a steel band. Mike
Old July 10th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Admiral

You goy that right, Mike!!