Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Post Hurricane Insurance Shock !!

virtually all major insurance companies that operate in Louisiana have raised policy's holder deductible when they renew this year which resulted in my out of pocket expense going up $1500 (and I didn't even file a claim for Katrina)

thus, as homeowners file for claims from Gustuv and Ike they were in a mild form of shock
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Venice,
I feel your pain.
When Florida got 4 hurricanes in 2004, our insurance went through the roof too. Many insurance companys have left the the state and the premiums we pay now are not easy.
Also, there are the people on the east coast, Melbourn, Coco Beach,that are flooded as a result of Gustoz sticking around for a week. Unless you live on the sea shore you may not need flood insurance.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Insurance claims/rates affect everyone - I got my homeowners insurance statement and my insurance has gone up 200.00 since last yr. No claims, the only reason they gave was the rates have gone up - and I live in Ks! - yes we have tornadoes, but they don't really keep hitting in the same places like the hurricanes - considering changing companies
Old September 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Admiral

I live in East Tennessee and I'm dreading what my renewal rate will be!

Todd
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

we just received our renewal and it went up $320. but compared to what we were paying the other insurance company before we switched it still is cheaper and that was 5-6 years ago.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Admiral

We had to get new ins this year as we were some of luck state farm people not being renewed, after being with them for 23 years . We had one claim for the hurricanes of 2004 for only the first hurricane to hit us and it was definitely not a hugh claim and that was the first claim ever . Of course in the past 2 years our ins had doubled so searching we went. Found better ins for less that price 2 years ago.

So when it was time for renewal of auto we went elsewhere and did not renew state farm.

Hopefully next year we can find new flood ins, didn't have a chance to check on that this year, and completely get rid of state farm.

And of course here in Fl we even have to pay a special Hurricane fee on any property ins even on car ins. That is no matter what company you are with.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 RCI & Carnival