Old June 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
First Mate

Default question about luggage tags

Aren't these necessary just for large suitcases such as you would check on the airlines? We're just bring on a one carry on (airline size) each, so we don't need to use these, right? We'll be carrying these onboard and self-debarking.
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Any suitcase you are carrying on with you, does not need a tag. I usually would put one on it, anyway, in case it got separated from me (i.e. I lost it!)

Also, if you are flying, don't attach the ship tags until you get to the pier.

Happy cruising!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Admiral

I would agree with Darlene and put a tag on your carry on. On one cruise, a man put his carry-on luggage on the conveyor belt to go thru screening and it wouldn't fit thru the scanner so they asked him to please check his bag and he didn't have a tag...he had to go back outside with his carry-on to get a tag and check his bag with the porters.
Old June 17th, 2007, 12:28 AM
First Mate

Yeah, agree that it would be a good idea to put a tag on your carry on anyway, just in case. I am sure I am going to be so scatterbrained and excited when I get to the cruise terminal that I would definately forget. Better to be safe than sorry.
Dewayne

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Admiral

I didn't mean just regular luggage tags, I mant the Carnival tags thqat are color coordinated. We already have luggage tags on our carry-ons (we're only bringing two carryons, no airline-checked suitcase sized luggage) on this trip. If it's carry on size only and we're self-debarking, we shouldn't need the color coded tags that come with our cruise docs, should we?
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
I didn't mean just regular luggage tags, I mant the Carnival tags thqat are color coordinated. We already have luggage tags on our carry-ons (we're only bringing two carryons, no airline-checked suitcase sized luggage) on this trip. If it's carry on size only and we're self-debarking, we shouldn't need the color coded tags that come with our cruise docs, should we?
During debarkation, no, they should not be necessary. Happy sailing!
8)
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:05 PM
First Mate

I put the extra cruise line tags on everything I carry on and any bags I take ashore. Never needed them but seems like a good idea if you get separated from your possesions. Probably won't help recover valuables, but beach bags and other convienience items could more easily find their way back to you.
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Any suitcase you are carrying on with you, does not need a tag. I usually would put one on it, anyway, in case it got separated from me (i.e. I lost it!)
I agree with Darlene. We put them on our carry-ons just in case we lost one before we got to the room. Heck, you can drink a lot of fu fu drinks before you get to the cabin on boarding day!