Old September 24th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to jandk2playnnc Send a message via Yahoo to jandk2playnnc
Default if your ship ?

if the ship pulls into port at the end of your cruise at 8 am what time does the boat require you to be off the ship?

thanks for any help 14 days till victory out of norfolk,va
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Generally 9 or 10 a.m., because they often start boarding the next bunch of passengers at around 11:00 a.m. It sure doesn't leave much time to turn a ship around does it. I think its amazing how quickly they can get the ship ready for the next bunch of cruisers
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Isn't it am amazing?? I admire each and every one of them!! They start when the people go to their stations at about 8ish I think-but that still only leaves 3 hours! Yet, they are continuously cleaning, polishing, etc. Hats off to them!!!
Old September 24th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Captain

Question??... Do you want to linger or get off quick..... I have trouble understanding WHY passengers are in a big hurry to get off of the ship (except for early flights).... If you do the "roll your own baggage off" option as many do then they will call you first, look forward to LONG lines with TONS of baggage everywhere (I did it once, never again).... If you place your baggage in the hallway the night before then you will be called around 9 AM & be off around 9:30 (each ship varies)..... We enjoy the last option as we like to go to the Dinning room for a nice relaxed breakfast on our last morning.... We do take our small carryoff bags with us to the dining room so the stewards can clean the room for the next batch of pasengers..... What I'am trying to say is that enjoy your last morning of your cruise rather than being in a rush & standing in long lines..... Hope this helps..

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We are always one of those rush to get off people unfortunately - either to get to the airport or get home. I might relax on my cruise out of New Orleans since we only have to drive 2 hrs to get home - but otherwise we are like --- lets get home and get our poor puppies and kittens out of the kennel to freedom -- get all laundry unpacked and up and prepare for the work/school day the next day. then relax.........
Old September 24th, 2006, 03:29 PM
First Mate

I agree with Cheryl,
I rush to get off, once the cruise is over its over, I am such a morning person anyhow, so I have already been up for awhile probably the first to have breakfest, and depending the port I am in I have a five hour ride ahead of me, so I want to get going.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm with Bob. I don't rush at all. I wake up early that last morning, call room service for coffee, then get dressed and go to the dining room for a leisurely breakfast (with my carry-on). I understand the Lido Buffet is super-crowded that morning.

I then wander around a bit, having a last cup of coffee before leaving the ship at my own pace, usually around 9:30. I look down at all the throngs of people rushing around. Not for me. I'm never in a rush to leave the ship. If I'm driving, there's no need to rush, and if I'm flying, I always arrange flights for evening, so I have time to explore the city I'm in.

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I don't rush, but we try to get out of the room early as possible. I try to remember the new people wanting to start their cruise, and needing their rooms clean first.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Default Linger

I am with Bob and Blue Chef. I have hurried out and lingered. When you try to get off early it is kind of a hurry up and wait thing. Unless you have a flight I would let the ship take off your luggage. I thought it would be nightmare trying to get the bags once you are off the ship, but it was really easy. It was so much easier than trying to lug everything and wait for elevators etc. I say, eat breakfeast and enjoy the last of your cruise. It does amaze me however, how everything gets "ship shape" in a few hours for the next sailing!
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Captain

SOOOOOO, if you pick-up your luggage at the terminal make SURE you have EVERY bag..... I left a 17 pound back-pack that cost me a $25 inspection fee & $26.31 to ship from Jacksonville, Fl. to Mississippi (grand total of $51.51)... I thought that this was a little to much & emailed Carnival about it all, maybe Carnival will give me a small discount on my next cruise.... Anyway the picking up your luggage is fast, you do have to be able to find it though.... I plan on using large round white tags with black numbers in sequence so that I can tell right away if I missed a bag.....

Old September 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I was just recently off Freedom of the Seas before 7:00 AM, seems they can get you off quickly if they have to. We had also had a noon flight, but could of easily made an earlier one. Sometimes it takes awhile to clear the ship, so its hard to tell.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I wait till they Drag me off kicking and screaming...Im usually the last one off as I hate standing in lines. Ill get up and hang out eating on the lido deck and let everyone else rushing to catch a plane off first.

Ahhh.. it's a pleasure to live in Florida Just an hour or 2 from the Port
Im Planning to move Closer
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober
I wait till they Drag me off kicking and screaming...Im usually the last one off as I hate standing in lines. Ill get up and hang out eating on the lido deck and let everyone else rushing to catch a plane off first.

Ahhh.. it's a pleasure to live in Florida Just an hour or 2 from the Port
Im Planning to move Closer

That's what I want to see, you payed for it so ENJOY..!!