Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

Old August 12th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Beginner

Default Photos From SinglesCruise.Com

Recently, I took a look at some pictures that were posted at SinglesCruise.Com from a fairly recent cruise....If anyone was on that cruise or has taken a cruise with SinglesCruise.Com, I'd be interested in hearing your experience. The pictures showed everyone having a ton of fun...Just curious as to what the groups are like...ages, locations, etc.
I'm thinking of booking with them for an April cruise, so any insight would be great!!!!

Thanks!
Old August 12th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Yeoman

Looks like my kind of cruise!!!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old August 12th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've been on two cruises with them, and am going on a 3rd in a few weeks...They are non-stop fun!

They normally draw anywhere from 100 to 200 people per sailing... (Halloween tends to draw a little more). The people in each group come from all over the country. In addition, I have seen a few from other countries including Canada, England, and New Zealand on their hosted cruises.

About 80% of the group will be between ages 30 and 50. There will be a few older, and a few younger, unless you go on a cruise that is catered toward a specific age group. Most trips have about a 55-60% female to 40-45% male ratio, but I have heard of cases where the males outnumbered the females. It just depends on the individual sailing.

In each port, the agency will offer shore excursions that are only available to the singles group. You will find that about half the group will participate in these. Others will do their own excursion. Generally, most people end up meeting up each other at either a Sr. Frogs or Magaritaville type place (depenting on the port of call) after the excursions.

On board, the groups will have 3 private cocktail parties for a seven day cruise, that are normally held just before dinner. The extra cost that the agency charges versus a normal booking method is used to pay for the open bar at these's parties. In addition to the cocktail parties, the cruise hosts will host other events (R-rated trivia, Salsa Lessons, etc...) that are open to the singles group only.

Now for the drawbacks..... This used to be an independently owned company which was bought by a corporation. Since the corporate takeover, the agency is very strict as far as charging fees if your plans change, including if you decide to change your room category for the same cruise or shift your deposit to a different sailing. Although, I will admit that the corporation attempts to maintain a professional image.

The previous owner, as an independent travel agent went out of her way to accomodate little requests, such as waiving change fees provided you were still sailing, or recruiting past cruisers of a particular sex if the male-female ratio for a particular sailing was unbalanced. I stay in contact with many people that I have met on the various cruises. Most of these people would agree that the corporate owners maintain a professional image, but the agency is missing the personalized service that was seen when the agency was independently owned.
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old August 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to wildjen68

I've done seven singles cruises with then and always had a good time.I even met my fiance' on the mexican riviera cruise 2005.We are getting married next year.I think the best cruise to go on is the halloween cruise there are alot of fun.I've been on three halloween cruises in 2003,2004,2005.I've never had a bad cruise with them.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me anything about singlescruise.com.
Jen/ct
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

GWYDIANA,

That pic looks suspiciously like a gay cruise to me.... The one girl in the pic looks like she is there by mistake.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yeoman

That would be fun too!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
GWYDIANA,

That pic looks suspiciously like a gay cruise to me.... The one girl in the pic looks like she is there by mistake.
Thats what I first thought when I saw the pic...but I didn't want to say anything.
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Beginner

Now come on, the other women could have been camera shy! We don't know...lol. Actually, if you look at the site and see all of the pictures, there were quite a few women, as well.
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Passenger

some girls just want to be surrounded by men.What woman wouldn't want to be surrounded by men.
Jen/ct
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Beginner

Thanks Jen!!! I agree, what woman wouldn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of good looking men!
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Passenger

But...wouldn't it look a little better if at least the one guy had his hands on the lady's shoulders instead of another guys??????
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Beginner

Point taken...Maybe they'll see the picture and the one guy will tell the other that it looked like he was getting a bit too close in that picture....Who knows, maybe it was his goal????? Regardless, they in all of the pictures on the site, they all seem to be having a good time...That's my biggest goal on any cruise.....
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Default Loanshark, a big thanks...

Loanshark....
Thanks for all of your information....I've noticed several cruises that they have coming up. I'm anxious to give it a shot and see what it's all about. Do you know if there's a better time to go if you're in the mid-30's age range, as I am???? What are the next cruises you are going on with them?????? Thanks again for any information!!!
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Passenger

Loanshark was pretty accurate. I'm taking my 4th with singlescruise Nov 25. Halloween is bigger and probably more fun, but thanksgiving has some people that just do that one, and their alot of fun. So I chose thanksgiving. Alta were looking at cruises in April, singlescruise will be divided into two groups, but its still a good crowd. You really cant go wrong with any cruise
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are in your mid 30's (I'm 34 myself....), you will probably have a better time on the all ages cruises, as opposed to the 20-30's only cruises....

While a few cliques tend to develop each cruise, the 20-30's ones can be notoriously bad. As stated earlier, about 80% of the people on any normal sailing with them are between ages 30-50.

Even with a few cliques on board, the only way you will not have fun is if you lock yourself up in your cabin.

As far as my next cruise with them, I am booked on their Labor Day sailing, and am looking into booking one of the spring sailings.

By the way, I thought that the picture was above was a little strange too!
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old August 14th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks again...

Loanshark,
I was sort of leaning towards the "all ages" spring fling. I was a bit hesitant about the 20's group since I had alot of those on the past cruise and was completley in awe...I swear I wasn't like that in my early 20's...Or, maybe I was? .
Maybe we'll see you at the Spring sailing.....
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Passenger

another thing is before and after your cruise there are get togethers and reunions all over the united states.There is always a couple in nyc each year.This year they had alot of them.They had them in Kentucky,SF,nashville,Chicago,and Las vegas which was this past weekend.I was in the one in chicago.There some more this year too.Alot of people keep in touch over the years.I made alot of good friends and my fiance' on these cruise.We are getting next year.
Jen/ct
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Hi AltaVidaCruiser,

I was on the Feb 2006 Singles Cruise. There were around 120 with the group, but from what I understand the numbers were down because the home port was changed from New Orleans to Galveston due to the Hurricane. There were slightly more men than women, with the majority of people between 25-55.

There was a fairly tight clique that developed with some of the 20-30 year olds, but everyone else was extremely friendly. There was never a time without someone to visit with, or something to do.

I also find that picture strange. My best guess is that it was taken during one of the group activities. During the full days at sea, SinglesCruise has activities/games that you can attend - some are women vs men, some even include a couple free drinks to loosen up the group.

My only complaint with the whole trip was that Carnival didn't have live music after 1 am, just a DJ (and he kinda sucked).

I had such a good time that I am booked on the Feb 2007 Valor Cruise out of Miami (I am Canadian, so I am only intrested in Cruises in Jan or Feb so I can get away from the snow and cold).

Enjoy!!

Cam from Canada
Old August 20th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Photographer407
Default LMAO!

Quote:
GWYDIANA,

Again to back what everyone else stated, that is exactly what I was thinking! hahah... I DO NOT want to be on a cruise like that for the first time. I will jump overboard and await the coast guard. EXIT STAGE
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Most of the cruises I went on were almost 50-50.I never been on a cruise where there were alot more men then women.Sometimes there are more women on cruise.
Jen/ct
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Cute picture, but I was thinking wow sausage Fest, I feel sorry for the poor girl!
Post more photos if you can.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Dream 2016 Halloween
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to klawrence

Love Singlescruise.com; sailed five times with them; I will be on the April 1st cruise next year; can't wait. St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts.
Great group of people sailing; which cruise are you thinking of going on in April? They are offering another cruise that month.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographer407
Quote:
GWYDIANA,

Again to back what everyone else stated, that is exactly what I was thinking! hahah... I DO NOT want to be on a cruise like that for the first time. I will jump overboard and await the coast guard. EXIT STAGE
NO,NO, they just heard an announcement said;~ ship is sinking complitly in a 30 second.
they were unsure if this's the entertainers joke of the night,
and brain stormed if they should GET A LIFE jacket or not.

my applauds are going to first photographer s/he is smart,fast thinker,know what to do in case of emergency.
second dave t w, he have very sharp eyes...
i should only cruise with them...
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvm1
But...wouldn't it look a little better if at least the one guy had his hands on the lady's shoulders instead of another guys??????

Oh that's bad isn't it? lmao